Anybody here buy a cab from Weber?

• Members

I noticed they are nicely priced. I'm semi-gassing for a 3x10 cab to drop in a pair of eminence legend 102's and a weber 10f150. The emi's are 8 ohms each. And the weber is 16 ohms. I'd wire the emi's in series for a 16 ohm load and then make that parallel with the weber to bring the total load back down to 8. Maybe put the weber up top and the emi's in the bottom. Pine for lightweight and resonance.

taco

• Members

My buddy has a 2-12 that he uses with a Rivera head, I think he runs 2 dif speakers, not sure which-

He swears by it and he is a helluva player, plays nothing but Grosh guitars and pretty much plugs straight in and laughs at me and all my pedals. Plus he actually makes $$$ with it so I think it's probably good stuff?:D

• Members
Originally posted by HMCMedic

My buddy has a 2-12 that he uses with a Rivera head, I think he runs 2 dif speakers, not sure which-

He swears by it and he is a helluva player, plays nothing but Grosh guitars and pretty much plugs straight in and laughs at me and all my pedals. Plus he actually makes $$$ with it so I think it's probably good stuff?
:D

cool.

I can get a 3x10 in various different tolex or tweed finishes for $215. Tempting I'll tell you. I really enjoy my emi alnico's but they lack some bottom and crap out easily when fed a lot of wattage. My use of a 16 ohm weber 10f150 I have (never used) would let me put half the power to the weber (which is a punchy, big bottom speaker) and the other half of the power to the 2 emi alnicos.

Should be a sweet little cab, I would think.

taco

Archived