verbzilla, digiverb, or ehx holy grail?

fetuspetus

• Members

holy grail is brilliant, but to noisy for pre-input. preamp stages just amplify what little noise there is. in an effects loop, i don't believe the verbzilla or digiverb really hold a stick to it for lushness, although they are more versitile.

• Members

the reason the effects loop may be an issue is that i want a bad cat 30. i really want the 30R so i can have the reverb + the effects loop + the footswitch.. but looking for one of those used, its gonna be a while it seems.. especially since I want a head, not the combo.

I'll keep my eyes peeled though.. i dont' mind spending a few hundred more for these options.

I like many effects in the loop.

Ben

• Members

The grail killed the digiverb in tone and feel. But the noise is a killer and its not versatile at all. Basically one or two sounds. When the noise is not there, its perfect. It is there quite a bit though. Im dying to try a verbzilla. Expensive buggers though just for reverb.

• Members

I went through the same dilemma a couple week ago. I went with the digiverb cause I found one b-stock for 60$ and the verbzilla was like 150$ and I didn't want to spend that much on a reverb pedal. But I think if you can afford it, go with the verbzilla. The digiverb is not a bad choice, but the sound quality seems to be better with the line6. I tought about the holy grail, but I heard so many people say they had problems wit them that I decided not to consider it.

• Members

Originally posted by SpectralJulian

For 150, you think the verbzilla would have reverse.

that's the biggest factor holding me back from purchasing one right now. i have a digiverb currently, and i only use the reverse because to me, it's the only truly worthwhile function of the pedal. i'd love to get a verbzilla to actually have lush reverbs [octo setting...mmm...], but i can't justify having both. arrggh...

• Members

Originally posted by cantoXIII

that's the biggest factor holding me back from purchasing one right now. i have a digiverb currently, and i only use the reverse because to me, it's the only truly worthwhile function of the pedal. i'd love to get a verbzilla to actually have lush reverbs [octo setting...mmm...], but i can't justify having both. arrggh...

I'd say go for it.

Archived