Nice digital delay pedal ?

• Members

Hey!

I'm looking for a nice delay pedal I could use in the loop of my Mesa Single Recto (parallel fx loop with adjustable %).

I'm basically looking for a real nice delay for lead playing (like the delay on the G-Major) in a compact pedal format.

When I record, I use a nice stereo delay, but this pedal would only be for the shredding evenings in my basement (i.e. I would not record it).

The sound I'm looking for is a really nice 80's shred delay with lots of fidelity (think Dokken, Ratt, Winger, etc). I would put the "wet" control at the max on the pedal and gauge the wetness using the knob behind the mesa, in order to save the true tone of my amp. Thus, the pedal should be able to give me at least 80% wet with the wet level at the max.

Currently looking at the DD-3, DD-6 and DE-7.

Budget is an issue, as if you suggest a pedal that is more expensive than a G-Major with Midi switcher, I'd get the G-Major!

Thanks for any thoughts,

Snake

PS: I don't need reverb, pitch shifting, EQ. etc..so this is why I don't buy the G-Major.

• Members

DD-20 if that is still within your price range.

The looper, although less functional than a stand alone unit, is amust have. You will become a better player if you practice laying down tracks on the run. Sometimes I just play a small progression, get up from the chair and walk around the apt. It allows me to listen to both tone and composition. You're timing also gets better.

it is like 180. If you get the other DD's they go for 100 dlls making the DD-20 a smart choice

• Members

The problem with the DD-3 and DD-20 is that they do not allow a full 100% wet mix in all of their modes.

This makes it difficult to take advantage of the parallel effects loop. I'm not sure whether the DD-6 or DE-7 have this limitation as well.

That said, the DD-20 is excellent - easy to use, versatile, not noisy, and sounds great.

• Members

Thanks for the quick replies guys! :thu:

What I wonder, however, is the sound quality of the DD-3 since it uses a 12-bit logarithmic compression scheme ?

Will the repeats be as clear and as pristine as the original sound ?

Also, what degree of wetness is it possible to attain with the DD-3 ? As I said, 80% would be really nice but I could tolerate 60% maybe.

Thanks again!

Archived