WC - USA ( It's WAR! ) Vs Italy

• Members

interesting fact learned while watching the game:

of all the teams in competition at the World Cup, the only team who doesn't identify their airline, their sleeping quarters, their transportation to games and social events, or their officers is the USA.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

It was definately a red ... he came in from the side showing both studs to the guys ankle and never even looked like going for the ball .... it was a classic hack job.

{censored} that - he got a piece of the ball.

the italian sat there crying on the ground, they took him off on a stretcher and he jumped off of it 5 seconds after they set it down.

yellow card for the americans and a {censored}ing golden globe award to the metrosexually inclined italian.

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

{censored} that - he got a piece of the ball.

the italian sat there crying on the ground, they took him off on a stretcher and he jumped off of it 5 seconds after they set it down.

yellow card for the americans and a {censored}ing golden globe award to the metrosexually inclined italian.

agreed...i've seen harder tackles go uncarded across these 30 or so matches that have been played.

• Members

Originally posted by aeroslepperin

agreed...i've seen harder tackles go uncarded across these 30 or so matches that have been played.

agreed.

GODDAMNIT!!

they just ejected Pope.

this is bull{censored}.

the refs just ruined this {censored}ing game.

• Members

Well the commentators at my end of half time actually agreed with me ...

they don't agree with it on ESPN.

they concluded it was a makeup call, and absolutely not warranted.

and now they just said the refs are not calling this game the way it should be called.

slight touch = foul

medium contact = yellow

hard contact = red

{censored} this Euro sissy {censored}.

• Members

a bunch of hog{censored}

I agree the ref has been silly ... but in another light he is correct also ... but he shouldn't have sent the first guy off. I think that was the beginning of the end right there.

• Members

ESPN? ... ESPN? ...

Bwahahahaha ....
:D

yes, ESPN. the largest sports network in the world.

and aero - i don't know how it is on the east coast, but they're tagging the coverage as ESPN, even though ABC is broadcasting.
ABC owns ESPN.

• Members

I agree the ref has been silly ... but in another light he is correct also ... but he shouldn't have sent the first guy off. I think that was the beginning of the end right there.

maybe so, but comparatively the italian red was exponentially worse than either of the american reds...it was a clear elbow, drawing blood.

• Members

hahaha, ESPN.

"well I mean, he's gonna come in late on that tackle. and he came in from the side, just look at where his feet hit!"

and the best part

"a tackle like that should warrant a warning, not a yellow card"

hmm, pretty sure they're one in the same.

I'm pretty sure I just got dumber by listening to these american commentators.

• Members

maybe so, but comparatively the italian red was exponentially worse than either of the american reds...it was a clear elbow, drawing blood.

It could be argued for sure but this is the reality right now ... I feel the elbow was a yellow not a red ... it wasn't as bad as breaking a guys ankle coming in from the side the way the US player did ... that's career ending stuff right there.

• Members
Originally posted by walk_through_wa

on the subject of commentators... the UK ones took great ammusmant in taking the piss out of dempsy (if i remember correctly). Who is, apparently by his own admission, a freestyle rapper.
:D

he is!!! they showed his rap before the game. oh man, quite a laugh.

• Members
Originally posted by arexjay

hahaha, ESPN.

"well I mean, he's gonna come in late on that tackle. and he came in from the side, just look at where his feet hit!"

and the best part

"a tackle like that should warrant a warning, not a yellow card"

hmm, pretty sure they're one in the same.

I'm pretty sure I just got dumber by listening to these american commentators.

?? :confused:
i heard it like this:
"a tackle like that should warrant a warning, not a red card"

• Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

??
:confused:
i heard it like this:

"a tackle like that should warrant a warning, not a red card"

He DID get a yellow card. It was his second. {censored}ing Alexi Lalas or whoever it was said that it shouldn't have even been a yellow

• Members

It could be argued for sure but this is the reality right now ... I feel the elbow was a yellow not a red ... it wasn't as bad as breaking a guys ankle coming in from the side the way the US player did ... that's career ending stuff right there.

i agree, i'd rather have seen no reds issued, but i think the elbow comes across as more of an intentional foul than a slide tackle...meaning i'm sure more thought went into the elbow than the slide tackle....if that makes sense.

Archived