shoegazer effects

• Members

What type of chorus pedal would be good for slowdive/antarctica type effects? Ive never really used chorus all that much, but would love to add one to my board. I use a couple holy grail reverbs, a headrush, dd-3, boss rv-2...and a few more echo/delay/reverb type pedals...so it would need to be something that would go well with those.

• Members

a shoegazer is a dumb kid struggling to find his identity.

he knows nothing about tone or real guitar playing.

he hides behind stompboxes and leaves the room when a real man steps in. a shoegazer needs to find out that tone is in the fingers and blues come from the heart.

the heart and mojo that is. a shoegazer trying to collect reverb pedals is sadder than a guy in a cover band.

REAL MEN ONLY USE GAIN.

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

a shoegazer is a dumb kid struggling to find his identity.

he knows nothing about tone or real guitar playing.

he hides behind stompboxes and leaves the room when a real man steps in. a shoegazer needs to find out that tone is in the fingers and blues come from the heart.

the heart and mojo that is. a shoegazer trying to collect reverb pedals is sadder than a guy in a cover band.

REAL MEN ONLY USE GAIN.

Can I quote you from another thread?

as far as pedals i'm interested in:

ehx POG/HOG

moog ring mod

mid-fi pitch pirate

You sound like a shoegazer to me!

Shoegazer is a stupid term for guitarists that aim to create enoesque soundscapes with their guitars.

• Members

Originally posted by SpectralJulian

I think it is more in reference to their shyness and looking down at their feet instead of at the audience as if they are in another state or drugged up.

Most musicians still don't use pedal boards.

the drummer in my band doesn't.

well, i don't think he does.

he has this big drum that sits on the floor that blocks my view of his feet so it's hard to tell. pity too. he has such pretty feet.

• Members

Originally posted by SpectralJulian

Can I quote you from another thread?

You sound like a shoegazer to me!

Shoegazer is a stupid term for guitarists that aim to create enoesque soundscapes with their guitars.

Pssst... Preservation can't help himself, he's infected with MOJOITES! They're a dreaded parasite that lodges in your fingers and make you play pentatonic scales over and over. :eek:

• Members

shoegazer sounds better than "the scene that celebrates itself".

thats the other name they gave mbv/ride/lush/booradleys etc.

but yeah they looked at their shoes and their guitar necks and steped on pedals and wahs and other floor devices and made loud, beautiful feedback driven music. i loved it in high school and inspired by it still today.

• Members

This is good timing - I'm starting my own boutique line of pedals for just this purpose!

There will be the Whinebox - a filter unit, the Moantone - an "emo" approved wah pedal, the Whinge-o-matic - which is a sea sick inducing chorus pedal and the Shoebow - I've designed that one to wail for hours.

Purchace 3 or more at once, and I'll include a jar of Diaprotremelo pills for free!

Archived