what time signature is 2+2=5 by radiohead

• Members

Originally posted by EvilSoup

The intro is 7/8.

The next part is 5/2.

The rest is 4/4.

a band i love dancehouse children (now joy electric) had one record that they jumped time sigs all over the place, each song, but did electro pop. really new order ish

• Members

Hmm, thought this corner was more familiar with time signatures.

My band does a lot of different time signature stuff, my favorite being 5-7-5-10-5-7-5-9 into a variation on 5-7-5-9, cutting the 9 down to 3 on the 4th and 8th time, then slowing down on the 9th time with a 2 beat break into a verse of 9-8-4 repeated 8 times, then into 4 repeating 4 times, into a chorus of 4, then back into the verse 4 times, pause on a chord for 17, jump back into the verse in the 8 portion and finish 4 verse bars, then two of 4 into the 4 chorus, then break for 4, then into the intro 5-7-5-9 very slowed down for 6 times, then into several variatons on the chorus, then the outro is the intro 5-7-5-9...

I hate using the fraction type of representation, saying 4/4. I know it's important, but if it doesn't make sense, I'll post the song when it's recorded (in a few weeks). I'm not just being a dick and writing retarded stuff out as a joke, that's the type of stuff I play. Sorry to bore you, I just enjoy writing it down, as I've never really thought about what time signatures that song was in until now.

If you read all this garbage, congratulations.

• Members
Originally posted by varialbender

Hmm, thought this corner was more familiar with time signatures.

My band does a lot of different time signature stuff, my favorite being 5-7-5-10-5-7-5-9 into a variation on 5-7-5-9, cutting the 9 down to 3 on the 4th and 8th time, then slowing down on the 9th time with a 2 beat break into a verse of 9-8-4 repeated 8 times, then into 4 repeating 4 times, into a chorus of 4, then back into the verse 4 times, pause on a chord for 17, jump back into the verse in the 8 portion and finish 4 verse bars, then two of 4 into the 4 chorus, then break for 4, then into the intro 5-7-5-9 very slowed down for 6 times, then into several variatons on the chorus, then the outro is the intro 5-7-5-9...

I hate using the fraction type of representation, saying 4/4. I know it's important, but if it doesn't make sense, I'll post the song when it's recorded (in a few weeks). I'm not just being a dick and writing retarded stuff out as a joke, that's the type of stuff I play. Sorry to bore you, I just enjoy writing it down, as I've never really thought about what time signatures that song was in until now.

If you read all this garbage, congratulations.

mbmvfpo209gb.jpg

Archived