Making (cool) horrible, dissonant noise isn't always that easy...

• Members

Ok, so we have this really rockin' song that we've been practicing to finish our set out tomorrow and it's been decided that I need to make some horrible noise to end it...

So after jamming on it that past few weeks I've got some really varied results using my fuzz factory and my DL-4 (self-oscillating). The coolest noise I've gotten in practice is when I broke a string and threw my guitar at my amp while opening the gate on the Fuzz Factory and proceding to tweak knobs.

Well, the last few times I've done it. My Fuzz Factory has gotten really "squealie" to the point where it's unpleasant and once it's oscillating through the delay, it's stuck there.

I just wanted to ideas from you guys about you make horrible cacophony when needed. I think I might add my Phase 90 back on my board to help out...

So?

:)

• Members

Noise? Lots of gain, maybe bust out a wah to filter the noise, whammy bar, open chords and finding a sweet spot near your amp where it feeds back in a good way. Works for me, when I can actually get my amp cranking.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

You seriously throw your guitar at your amp?

Ha!

Well, maybe it was a "toss" and it was just that one time. Kind of in the heat of the moment--it was quite a practice!

Actually, I think most of my problem is that I can't really get any feedback with my settings the way they are (gate is at 12:00). Hmmm, maybe I should try some stuff out on my own. I finally have my guitar and pedalboard with me for once...

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Indeed ... or perhaps a chinese burn in the middle of an emotional refrain ...

and bring a bucket of pig blood to the show and throw it over the whole band and stage for the finale.

Even better put a bunch of rotten vegies in the blood and throw them in to the crowd.

Archived