Home Brew Electronics ...

• Members

Fatbackribs (member here) has some video clips of it. Lots of people here have them and love them. I wanted one for a while but ended up with the Retro-Sonic Phaser instead which is another excellent phaser.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

Fatbackribs (member here) has some video clips of it. Lots of people here have them and love them. I wanted one for a while but ended up with the Retro-Sonic Phaser instead which is another excellent phaser.

Lot's of people here have them?????

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Lot's of people here have them?????

Are you questioning my use of punctuation? :confused:

:D

Maybe lot's is the wrong quantifier but, yes, people here do have them and dig them. I am sure they will chime in.

• Members

Thanks man ... I've listened to the clips (
) at the sites and it sounds good but I want to know more before I make up my mind. Have you owned ANY HBE pedals before?

Nope. None have really interested me aside from the Psilocybe. I have no first hand experience with any of them.

• Members

Nope. None have really interested me aside from the Psilocybe. I have no first hand experience with any of them.

Ok no probs ... I have a Ph-1r which I love but the Psilo has a regeneration knob ... hmmm I hope this equals some type of self oss facility? :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by PurpleStrat

Hey arjea why did you pick the Retro-Sonic over it?

1) Both were extremely hard to find at the time and I found an RS before I could find the Psilocybe.

2) I am more into the classic Script phasing tones as opposed to over the top ones. The Psilocybe can do Script as well but not as close from what I had read in reviews.

3) The RS has a volume knob on it and I really like to be able to control the mix on modulation.

I still want to try a Psilocybe one day though. I actually sold off the RS soon after getting it because I needed some money quick. I got it during the time I was having my Mojo Vibe rehoused and once I got the Mojo back, I realized I could live without a phaser for a while.

• Members

Ok bummer ... it's no better than my Ph-1r ... Regen is just the rate of modulation ... I was hoping for some kind of self oss with phaser!
:eek:

Not to be ... hmmm wonder what mods might be available for a Ph-1r?

Yeah, they have since changed the labeling of the pedal to speed instead of regen because it was causing confusion.

• Members

1) Both were extremely hard to find at the time and I found an RS before I could find the Psilocybe.

2) I am more into the classic Script phasing tones as opposed to over the top ones. The Psilocybe can do Script as well but not as close from what I had read in reviews.

3) The RS has a volume knob on it and I really like to be able to control the mix on modulation.

I still want to try a Psilocybe one day though. I actually sold off the RS soon after getting it because I needed some money quick. I got it during the time I was having my Mojo Vibe rehoused and once I got the Mojo back, I realized I could live without a phaser for a while.

How well did the mix work? Im looking for a Phaser I can make very very subtle or over the top.

• Members

How well did the mix work? Im looking for a Phaser I can make very very subtle or over the top.

Works excellent. It can provide a boosted signal as well towards the end of it's range. Can also make it subtle.

Maybe Devon can chime in here since he has it now! :D

• Members

Works excellent. It can provide a boosted signal as well towards the end of it's range. Can also make it subtle.

Maybe Devon can chime in here since he has it now!

Yeah I would love to hear more. I might end up with 150 fuzz boxs one day but I want only one end all be all Phaser! So I can buy more fuzz!

• Members

The best TS clone out there:
POWERSCREAMER.jpg

Had the UFO fuzz for a while, just couldn't dial it in right with my rig. HBE pedals are probably in the top 3 boutique pedals IMO, and Joel is a great guy to deal with. I'm also interested in the Psilocybe, and wouldn't hesitate for a moment about it's quality.

• Members

Yeah I would love to hear more. I might end up with 150 fuzz boxs one day but I want only one end all be all Phaser! So I can buy more fuzz!

It is very true to the clips. For me, it was the best phaser I ever played. Hated to let it go but needed to at the time. I will definitely get another as soon as dealers get them. According to the site, they shipped to dealers this week.

• Members

It is very true to the clips. For me, it was the best phaser I ever played. Hated to let it go but needed to at the time. I will definitely get another as soon as dealers get them. According to the site, they shipped to dealers this week.

Have you ever had a Sub Decay Quaser to compare it to? It and the Retro are now at the top of my list.

• Members

Have you ever had a Sub Decay Quaser to compare it to? It and the Retro are now at the top of my list.

I got to play one via the last tourbox. While it was very good, it was too tweakable for my liking. I am more into the Phase 90, one knob thing. But the added depth and mix on the RS were added bonuses that allowed you to tailor the effect to taste without giving you too many options. It always sounds like a Script 90, but you can just vary the amount of the effect via depth and volume.

• Members

I got to play one via the last tourbox. While it was very good, it was too tweakable for my liking. I am more into the Phase 90, one knob thing. But the added depth and mix on the RS were added bonuses that allowed you to tailor the effect to taste without giving you too many options. It always sounds like a Script 90, but you can just vary the amount of the effect via depth and volume.

Thanks for the help.:thu: I wish I could compare the two with out throwing almost $400 out there. What can you do.

• Members

Sorry, there's no one end all be all Phaser, there are all different flavors. Some do the watery warble thing great, some do the jet plane better and deeper, some do vibrato better. I got a 3ms Phaser Fluer that I love, but I want another one or two.

Archived