Home Brew Electronics ...

• Members

I would like to try the THC Chorus and the Psilocybe.
honestly i think the drug references are a little cheesy but they seem like cool pedals none the less.

If I buy a Psylocibe i'm never buying a phaser again......i've got a quasar (borrowed), moon phaser deluxe and ubervibe.

what can i say, i like 4 stage analog phasers.

• Members

I have the UFO on my board and I love it. It kicked my Voodoo Labs Proctavia right off.

I really only use the octave up effect and don't use the straight fuzz sound much. Not too say its a bad fuzz because I don't think it is, I just never found a use for fuzz in my sound.

The octave up just sounds awesome all over the board, not just the upper fret registers like most I have played. Not harsh like the VL either and has a wonderful "bloom" to the octaves.

Very well built pedals and fairly priced for boutique. I am thinking about getting more.:thu:

Tiki, I don't really have a lot of experience with the Psilocybe other than hearing it briefly at trade shows and so forth, but I do own a Power Screamer with Fat Boost and a Germania, and they're first-class pedals all the way. :)

And yes, you can get the PS in various different colors / finishes - mine is red.

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Tiki, I don't really have a lot of experience with the Psilocybe other than hearing it briefly at trade shows and so forth, but I do own a Power Screamer with Fat Boost and a Germania, and they're first-class pedals all the way.
:)

And yes, you can get the PS in various different colors / finishes - mine is red.

I have them....Power Screamer and Germania.....EXCELLENT!
Phil? Sorry if you have become embroiled in yesterdays STUPIDITY!
Can I screen 3 new potential avatars later on by emailing you?
:wave: :wave:

• Members
druggachusettes2.jpg

PurpleStrat, you may want to check out the BYOC phasers-- classic Phase 90 sound, low low prices.

(I have something similar in the SPAM thread, but I'm not suggesting you buy that particular one. Necessarily. ;))

• Members

I'm too tired to read all 3 pages - let me just chime in and say I believe I own one of everything HBE makes with the exception of the Wah - I have 3 Teese's - why look anymore :D

All HBE pedals are superb in construction, tone and features. All have wonderful and very usable settings in the sweeps and toggles, and are well worth the coin. No worries at all regarding quality -would gig without a backup on any of his products without worry.

I haven't spent alot of time with the Phaser, but enough to know I like it immensely. The ONLY reason I do not gig with it is because I don't use enough phaser in an evenings performance to take advantage of all it can deliver -but instead use an MXR EVH or my BYOC Script Phase clone that I paid extra to have Keith build for me - because they deliver what I need at the gig at half the size. And that leaves more needed room for delays, fuzzes, an overdrive, boost and a wah. Otherwise, except for space restrictions on the pedalboard - I would easily and happily gig with the HBE.

HBE is still under the radar compared to many other known brands in the same price range (like Frantone, Menatone, etc).

Rock, er Phase on :cool::wave:

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

I'm too tired to read all 3 pages - let me just chime in and say I believe I own one of everything HBE makes with the exception of the Wah - I have 3 Teese's - why look anymore
:D

All HBE pedals are superb in construction, tone and features. All have wonderful and very usable settings in the sweeps and toggles, and are well worth the coin. No worries at all regarding quality -would gig without a backup on any of his products without worry.

I haven't spent alot of time with the Phaser, but enough to know I like it immensely. The ONLY reason I do not gig with it is because I don't use enough phaser in an evenings performance to take advantage of all it can deliver -but instead use an MXR EVH or my BYOC Script Phase clone that I paid extra to have Keith build for me - because they deliver what I need at the gig at half the size. And that leaves more needed room for delays, fuzzes, an overdrive, boost and a wah. Otherwise, except for space restrictions on the pedalboard - I would easily and happily gig with the HBE.

HBE is still under the radar compared to many other known brands in the same price range (like Frantone, Menatone, etc).

Rock, er Phase on
:cool::wave:

I second that emotion!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Archived