Again, need recomendations on delay

• Members

Originally posted by pizzahutgood

I was thinking about the de-7 by ibanez. Iv never owned a delay before. Anything else in this price range worth looking at? Is the eh deluxe memory man really worth it? or should i just start w/ something basic.

Delay questions in the HCEF = Agile Vs. Epiphone in HCEGF.

I like my Short Timer or a Dan Echo.

• Members
:idea:

I know a thing or two about Mr Echo!

- Sounds great
- Insanely easy to dial in
- Good MIX control
- Self-oscillates
- Prefers AC to battery power but will take either
- Have yet to find reason for "SLAM" feature other than SIB! enclosures are drilled for two switches
- Currently available in my sig :)

So if Mr Echo's so great, why am I selling mine? I picked it up in a trade out of curiosity, and I like it but don't prefer it to the DMM (which to be fair costs significantly more, takes up more space, is AC-only, etc.)

Anywho, if you have any specific questions, ask away!

• Members

would it be worth the extra 50-77 to get the mr echo in your opinion over the dan echo or de-7.

Hard for me to answer, since I don't have personal experience with either one :(

Seems like the Ibanez can only go from 100% dry to 50/50, and I do like the option of a wetter delay. Not that it should matter, but Mr Echo is also significantly better-looking :)

Based on reputation alone, the Dan-Echo seems like a pretty cool delay. I do know at least one pro who keeps it on his board. Can't seem to find much info on the feature set based on cursory web browsing...

I do know that if I needed one of the three to stop a bullet, I'd go with the SIB - that enclosure is an absolute beast.

• Members
Originally posted by jay3265E

I know the Mr. Echo is the worst pedal I've ever played.

Thanks for the substantive commentary :rolleyes:

Did you have one from the bad switch batch? iirc they were pretty good about replacing those even well after the fact. If not, I have no idea what would be such a big turn-off...

• Members
Originally posted by utterhack

:idea:

I know a thing or two about Mr Echo!

- Currently available in my sig
:)

So if Mr Echo's so great, why am I selling mine? I picked it up in a trade out of curiosity, and I like it but don't prefer it to the DMM (which to be fair costs significantly more, takes up more space, is AC-only, etc.)

Anywho, if you have any specific questions, ask away!

Take it to the spam thread Mr. hack. !reported ;)

• Members

Thanks for the substantive commentary
:rolleyes:

Did you have one from the bad switch batch? iirc they were pretty good about replacing those even well after the fact. If not, I have no idea what would be such a big turn-off...

I've had two. I sent one back to Rick to fix and it broke too. The pedal is terrible.

When it works? It's a good sounding pedal. Like I said, I had two. They both stopped working after a few weeks.

I bought something from nearly EVERY boutique maker and mass production company and I have never seen poor craftsmanship at this level.

I will say that the Tube based SIB! stuff is great. I love them. It's the subcontracted stuff that's not so good.

• Members

Originally posted by jay3265E

I've had two. I sent one back to Rick to fix and it broke too. The pedal is terrible.

When it works? It's a good sounding pedal. Like I said, I had two. They both stopped working after a few weeks.

Ouch! I can definitely understand why that would qualify for Worst Pedal Evar.

Based on the horror stories I was a little concerned about this one, and if it hadn't been a) an add-on to round out a trade and b) coming from a VERY reputable source, I would have stayed away entirely. Turned out to be a very pleasant surprise for me.

I though it was just one batch of bad switches though - haven't heard anything bad about e.g. Treminator, Nick Nitro etc. I have a Fazeadelic as well as the delay and both of them seem to be built to RAT levels of indestructability.

• Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

Take it to the spam thread Mr. hack. !reported
;)

:cry:

Seemed more honest to acknowledge that I'm selling one in my post than to just subtly flash it in my sig...

What with all the banning going on around here, you're a cold, cold, man.

• Members

Ouch! I can definitely understand why that would qualify for Worst Pedal Evar.

Based on the horror stories I was a little concerned about this one, and if it hadn't been a) an add-on to round out a trade and b) coming from a VERY reputable source, I would have stayed away entirely. Turned out to be a very pleasant surprise for me.

I though it was just one batch of bad switches though - haven't heard anything bad about e.g. Treminator, Nick Nitro etc. I have a Fazeadelic as well as the delay and both of them seem to be built to RAT levels of indestructability.

I still have one that doesn't work properly. I've just given up on it. It's stuck on one setting and no matter what you do with it, there are just lame echos that go on and on.

I can't even pull myself to list it for sale. That's how little I think of this pedal.

That said, I have a Blue Echodrive and a Red one on the way. His large box delays are awesome!

I purchased a old version red box from a guy here for $200. Seems worth the 80 additional dollars for something that could be slightly more reliable.

The slam button didn't do much for me either.

• Members

anyone know anything about mr echo by SIB?

dude mr. echo is totally killer if you like a solid delay pedal that also can be used for making "noise" (IE. some mars volta style jamming).

it has some great controls, lets you get the sound you want, and it has a "slam" button, which is my favorite part. when you your signal is being delayed, you hit the slam button and it takes that signal and pitch shifts it down gradually until it gets to the most radical pitch it will recreat, or until you let go of the button. (just like boss's dd-6 or dd-20 "twist" feature)

• Members

Echo Park

It can be found for under $100 used. Get yourself one of these with a power adapter and you'll be set for delay for a long time.

I love mine. Tape, Analog, and Digital emulations and it self-oscillates. Good repeat time. And a ton of delay types to choose from including reverse and swell.

• Members

Aren't there a lot of Boss DD-20 lovers in here? I know it's overkill, but I've heard people say the tape setting nails the Roland Space Echo. Confirmations?

I'm pretty much a fan of tape echo myself, but I've heard plenty of nice songs recorded with EH DMMs.

• Members

I really dig the Echo Park's functionality, can't get past the ugliness and flimsy-feeling knobs.

I am so shallow
:cry:

Hell, I'll even throw in that I can see problems with the switch in the future.

But I'll buy one to replace it. :)

• Members

Originally posted by molsen

boss dd-20///.it'll cost more, but you'll never need another delay

+1. Even if you do not want the DD-20, I would not just look for a bargain. Delay is an important part of many rigs. If I could only have one effect, it would be a good delay.

• Members

Originally posted by beezdeez

Echo Park

It can be found for under $100 used. Get yourself one of these with a power adapter and you'll be set for delay for a long time.

I love mine. Tape, Analog, and Digital emulations and it self-oscillates. Good repeat time. And a ton of delay types to choose from including reverse and swell.

+1

I picked up one for $70 from ThriftyShirt a few months ago. Great sounding and versitle. It eats the hell out of batterys though.

• Members

Originally posted by luke978

+1

I picked up one for $70 from ThriftyShirt a few months ago. Great sounding and versitle. It eats the hell out of batterys though.

That it does. You need an adapter for it. It quickly pays for itself obviously.

Archived