OD pedal that doesn't change overall tone

beathead

• Members

I just want a pedal that will add a little grit/overdrive. I don't want a mid boost, or an ice maker, or a bass deleter. Is there a pedal out there that exists or comes real close?

I currently have a Keeley ts-9 and an Aramat green machine. I do like both pedals for what they do, but need something a little more transparent.

Thanks for any advice!

• Members

I have a Reverend hellhound. The amp on it's own only supplies enough gain/distortion to cover early Angus's sound. I like that sound a lot, but when I try for a little more gain with the pedals I have, my tone changes drastically!

• Members

I will be picking up an eq for my fx loop as a volume boost, so I could try it out front also to see if it adds what I need.

Anyone have experience with the Banzai cold fusion? The description of it I read claims transparency with no mids boost.

• Members
Originally posted by jay3265E

The Klon is the only one that I have had which has the most transparent OD circuit going.

Only someone that's never owned one would say that...

Even though it's great at what it does, it definately imparts "its" tone.

Mine has been in the drawer most of the time since I bought it because I only use it for blues-type rock jams/gigs - it is king for "that" tone.

Other than that I'd prefer a Tim/Timmy for cleans/crunch and an OCD for harder edged rockness...

:wave:

• Members

check out the tim or timmy. the price isnt bad but there is a wait time i believe.
for a similar price but instant gratification check out the barber ltd or better yet ltd silver. the rocktron austin gold is called the poor man's klon clone. whether that is true or not, i cant say.

Tim

Archived