Dead Meadow show in Chicago

• Members

the picture they have there on the venue site is a 4 piece-
last time i saw them-few months ago-they were a 3 piece...
last album was a 4 piece-album before that was a 3 piece...
i prefer the 3 piece!
great band either way
s:cool:

• Members

I'm checking out one of the shows. Not sure which one yet. I'd love to see em at the sub-t, my drummers other band is playing at Schubas that night. Decisions, decisions. What are Gris Gris all about? That might help me do the right thing.
Power to the people.

• Members

i too love dead meadow.. i think they were supposed to play here tonight but it was cancelled a couple weeks back. i guess they migh come back this way in a couple months.. {censored}, i hope they do :(

tmb_060206deadmeadow10.jpg

damn.. i didn't know pontiusplaymate was in dead meadow?!?!

• Members

Anybody else make it to the Subterranean show? Sterling and Indian opened. It was a good night of prog, doom and psych.

Sterling's guitar player is pretty hot. He's not affraid to rock the chord-melody style and counterpoint lines. He played a tele w/ p-90's through a Musicman head and what looked like a 2x15 Mesa cab.

{censored}ing Indian, Jesus Christ. {censored} was LOUD. I'm talking blurred vision loud. Guitar player played though a Sunn Model T AND what looked to be a solid state Sunn amp into a Sunn Bass cab, a Marshall 4x12 and an Emperor (?) 4x12. All that and they had him in the house PA. On the floor he had a micro amp, FD2 and Phase 90. Anyone who says a FD2 doesn't have enough gain hasn't heard it through that rig. :D They definately have the doom sound down. After about three songs I had my fill.

Dead Medow did indeed play as a three piece. I'm not too familiar with them, so I can't compare their show to any of their records. They did put on a hell of a show. Drummer was all over the place. Looked (and sounded like) a blond Charles Manson on a Keith Moon kick. I'm all for that. Guitar player played a tele with a hb in the bridge through a Super Reverb and an Orange head through the Emperor 4x12. For me his Echoplex was the star of the show. I could listen to that all night. The presence that thing added was gorgeous.

All in all it was a great show. I went with minimal expectations and dug each band. I had been at home painting all day so the fumes may of had something to do with it. (I might actualy recommend huffing something before seeing Indian).

Archived