analogman Rave!

aeon

• Members

I recently ordered a pedal from analogman/Mike.

It was well-packed, and got here fast. Gotta love that! :thu:

The pedal was an EHX Deluxe Memory Man. :D

Yes, this pedal is a legend, and it gets uncounted praise on the 'net. You know what? Even after all those glowing reviews, I suspect this thing may be underrated! :freak::love:

Also, I just got to check out an analogman SunLion in front of a Hayseed 30's EF86 input channel.

Suffice to say, I am pulling the trigger on a SunLion ASAP.

analogman kicks ass!

cheers,

Ian

• Members

Just a bit of hyperbole. ;)

But seriously, the tone of this delay is so immediately musical, satisfyingly rich, and so decidedly alive!

I should have gotten one years ago.

So dirty, so sweet. :love:

pleased,
Ian

• Members

Originally posted by rockboxuk

my memory man clips when I play, how can you improve the headroom? I really dont want to ship this thing so what can I myself do to it?

It's supposed to clip. Only if it starts looking like the LED do you have a problem.

• Members
Originally posted by whowasthursday

Was that your own hayseed, or somebody else's?

Someone else's, but I caught a bad case of G.A.S. from it.

I just turned them on to HC, perhaps they will drop by.

The way the EF86 channel responded to the boost side of the SunLion was just magic. It was like a nitrous bottle for amp. ;)

cheers,
Ian

• Members

its supposed to crackle everytime I hit a note? That really sucks. I bought it from a store that literally just recieved an ehx shipment and I saw them open the box and hand it to me. So its not like it was messed around with. It just crackles everytime I play a note. Horrible:(

• Members

its supposed to crackle everytime I hit a note? That really sucks. I bought it from a store that literally just recieved an ehx shipment and I saw them open the box and hand it to me. So its not like it was messed around with. It just crackles everytime I play a note. Horrible:(

I've never heard a crackle. Return it and try a new one.

• Members
Originally posted by aeon

Also, I just got to check out an analogman SunLion in front of a Hayseed 30's EF86 input channel.

Suffice to say, I am pulling the trigger on a SunLion ASAP.

I've suspected that pedal would kick ass in front ofmy Hayeed's EF86 too. Yummers.
:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

I've suspected that pedal would kick ass in front ofmy Hayeed's EF86 too. Yummers.

:wave:

By the way, the only doubts I'd have about running the sunlion and the dmm together is that the boost would probably overload the dmm. I think it may be better to run Sunface-->DMM-->Beano Boost-->Hayseed. Unless the Sunlion has an insert between the fuzz and the treble boost?

taco

• Members

my memory man clips when I play, how can you improve the headroom? I really dont want to ship this thing so what can I myself do to it?

is the clipping led coming on strong?

what is your signal chain going into it?

test it just guitar -> dmm -> amp with guitar vulume down a few notches.

good luck!

• Members
Originally posted by KRAA!!

Sorry to post off topic aeon, but who is that chick in your avatar? I love redheads.
:eek:

It's Lena Katina from TATU.

I just like the mood of the photo, combined with that angelic face.

cheers,
Ian

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

By the way, the only doubts I'd have about running the sunlion and the dmm together is that the boost would probably overload the dmm. I think it may be better to run Sunface-->DMM-->Beano Boost-->Hayseed. Unless the Sunlion has an insert between the fuzz and the treble boost?

I dunno, it is not of much concern to me because I put delays, DMM included, after the amp and mic chain.

cheers,

Ian

• Members

Who is this Analog Guy?

;)

See sig!

I recently did a gig using the Sunlion all night. I left my SunLion on almost all night and used the guitar vol to go from cleanish to dirty to all out fuzz with the vol knob alone!

I kicked on the beano side and look out!!!

Someone came up to me and asked what pedals did I use to get that heavenly tone. When I told him it was the Sunlion all by itself he didn't believe it. He said, "No way, I hate fuzz. That was awesome sounding!" I said I used to hate fuzz too, before I tried the Sunface with properly matched NKT275 trannies!! He said he was going to order a Sunface and try it out.

I tried to find an OD that works (cleans up) as well with the vol knob as the Sunlion, and I didn't have much luck. I built a TS thinking it maybe it is buffer/switching system that was the reason they do not clean up at all. No luck. I liked the sound of AM's Silver modded SD1 I have better than my home brewed clone. Then I got a Jaugernig DGTM (TS clone) for a song on ebay ($40), so I gave my homebuilt TS to a friend who wanted one. I just recently swapped the chips to see if any different ones clean up well. I found one that sounds almost as good as the 4558s, but cleans up well and sounds awesome using an led in the clipping section!

Now I use my vol knob all the time instead of a boost pedal to solo!!

Thanks Mike, your advice about using the vol. knob is dead on! I love it!

:thu:

Archived