Anyone ever this problem with a MIJ Boss pedal?

• Members

I am using a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 to power a few of my MIJ Boss pedals. It works fine with my DD-2, DM-2, CE-2, etc, but when I plug my PH-1 into it the LED shines at about 50% and no sound comes out. When I remove the power cable and use a battery the pedal works just fine. Obviously the problem isn't with the power supply but the pedal itself.

I was about to send Howard Davis a few pedals to mod and repair and will have to ask if this is something he can help me out with as well...but in the event he can't I must ask: Anyone ever have a problem like this before? If so, what was the cause and how did you get it fixed?

Thanks.

DK

• Members

Okay, so i've just been having the exact same problem with a regular old MIT CS-3 that I bought used with the intention to Mod. LED only half lights, I do get sound, but it's more like I have a dead battery in it, but it works fine with actual battery in it. I was thinking maybe it was dodgy solder joints to or from the power jack, but no problem there.
Then I saw it was an ACA adaptor that the pedal required so I looked it up; and this is what I found:
The Explanation
According to this guy you might not be able to get your vintage boss pedal working on an Isolated power supply like the PP2.
Hope this helps.
Trav

• Members
Originally posted by Derelict King

I guess I was eating retard sandwiches last night. I adjusted the dip switch in the back like someone recommended in this thread and bingo, it works.

Guess it pays to read the instructions before using products sometimes, eh?
:D

Enh. I've filled dumpsters with all the instruction booklets I never read. Trial and error rules. You get to learn your piece of gear as you {censored} around. Just as long as you don't fry something with a reverse polarity jack, but that should be obvious, shouldn't it?

Archived