Kurz PC1 SE anyone?

TowJam

• Members

Yes.... I played one for a long time at a local music shop. It is a really great keyboard, and I am going to buy one when I have the money. The sounds are great, as is the action. It looks cool too. I think it has the same sounds as the pc1x with the vintage keys and orchestral expansions, so if you can try out that you should be able to hear what it will sound like.

• Members

Looks cool - but it is selling for MORE than the 88 key PC1X & yet it has only 76 keys.

Also - it is only 3.7lbs. lighter than the 88 key PC1X, as per Kurzweil's published specs on their website:

http://kurzweilmusicsystems.com/home.html

...so for only 3.7 extra lbs. you could get an 88 key 'board instead of a 76 key unit & it would cost you less money.

Would someone explain that to me? :freak:

• Members

Well you don't get the classic keys expansion with the pc1x which is the biggest reason I like the pc1se (and the pianos). That's an extra $180 which brings the price of the pc1x (with expansion) over the pc1se. Also the pc1x top surface seems a bit plastic-y. The pc1se is a nice black aluminum.

And for me personally, I will never EVER buy a 88 key keyboard. They're just too big, and I never use that many keys. I am willing to pay the same (or more) for less keys. I am a gigging musician and I don't want to lug around 6 feet of keyboard every night. A weighted 61 key or 76 key keyboard would be perfect. A fully weighted 61 key yamaha s90 would be killer!

• Members

Originally posted by friendlybunny

Well you don't get the classic keys expansion with the pc1x which is the biggest reason I like the pc1se (and the pianos). That's an extra $180 which brings the price of the pc1x (with expansion) over the pc1se. Also the pc1x top surface seems a bit plastic-y. The pc1se is a nice black aluminum.

And for me personally, I will never EVER buy a 88 key keyboard. They're just too big, and I never use that many keys. I am willing to pay the same (or more) for less keys. I am a gigging musician and I don't want to lug around 6 feet of keyboard every night. A weighted 61 key or 76 key keyboard would be perfect. A fully weighted 61 key yamaha s90 would be killer!

Interesting - I take the opposite view: I've played a 76 key kybd. for almost 12 yrs. (Ensoniq KS32), lugged it around all over god's creation. The thing is 49 lbs. + 20lb. case - so it's about the weight of the 88 key 'boards these days. I like it but really would love to have the full 88 keys - to stretch out here and there.

The few lbs. difference and few inches that you save by having a 76 key 'board (instead of a full 88) are not that drastic, to me - not that much of a significant difference. The pleasure of playing a full 88 would overcome the drawback of the extra size and weight - I think... :(

I think my main problem w/the size/weight issue is that I have to drag my stuff up and down my basement stairs - I have a ranch house and keep my gear in the basement. I hope to build a garage someday - in which I could keep my gear and not have to lug it up and down the bsmt. steps. :thu:

Archived