New amp day!

RoboPimp

• Members

I dig Fender amplifiers. In the past couple months I have acquired two really good sounding silverface Fenders- a Deluxe Reverb without a master volume and a Vibro Champ.

In the past couple months I have also acquired an Ampeg VT-40 4x10 combo that sounds really good. But the prize is a Tone King Meteor I got a couple weeks ago:
meteor-40a-icon_lg.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

A small problem... they never made a blackface bandmaster reverb.
:thu:

but, I agree, fenders are good!

I guess they were just Bandmaster amps.I stand corrected.I still want MORE Fenders though, BF or SF doesn't really matter cause it's all good to me.

• Members

yeap, the BF bandmasters are sans reverb and SS rectified but Inscho loves his. I agree that we shouldn't descriminate based on SF or BF, use your ears! Lets face it, a handwired made in America amp for $350 is as good as it gets, and the tone is even better!! I've never heard a SS amp with that kind of clarity and spank. I'm quite pleased with the tone.

Originally posted by skipstar59

I guess they were just Bandmaster amps.I stand corrected.I still want MORE Fenders though, BF or SF doesn't really matter cause it's all good to me.

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

It's probably about 50 watts too much for me, but I do love the Twin sound...nice one.
:love:

Thanks for the gear Leo!

amen brudda, thanks leo!!

the showman is identical to the twin reverb circuit-wise, and it sounds nearly identical to my 35 watt bandmaster reverb so I have a lower-powered head for most club gigs and when I need the extra power I can bust out the showman. They both have the same ohm load rating so I can use the same cab for both.

P.S. Nice score on the ampeg, humewasright, how heavy is that bastard?

• Members

I got two silverface Fenders this year, a Vibro Champ and a 1971 Deluxe Reverb. Both sound really good and are very useful. I use the Vibro Champ at practice alot. And I will probably record with it. I need to put more time in with my Deluxe Reverb. But I got a Tone King Meteor II and can't get enough of it. In half power mode it sounds alot like my Deluxe Reverb but with somehow more headroom and better reverb.

Archived