clean DUAL boost recommendation?

TheWarmth

• Members

I wouldnt recommend zvex super dupers or SHO's unless your cool with a much increased treble response and overall glassiness added to your sound. Some people desire that anyways, but in case there are folks reading this be warned, they are excellent pedals but do expect that glassiness which is undesirable on already high/middy type amps.

I heard someone recommend the Keeley Katana boost. Might want to check that out.

• Members
Originally posted by Heineken

For sure!!!
;)

But if you'r not willing to spend that amount of cash you could go for 2 used MXR microamps, theyre pretty cool, not too expensive used, and small enough to fit 2 on your board without taking up too much space.

Why would it be necessary to have two microamps? Also, are the new MXR pedals true bypass? I have a feeling they aren't. I'm still not convinced this is the way to go.

• Members

I'll build you a dual boost box with your choice of boosters for $50

Originally posted by TheWarmth

Why would it be necessary to have two microamps? Also, are the new MXR pedals true bypass? I have a feeling they aren't. I'm still not convinced this is the way to go.

• Members

That's a very nice offer ... and tempting. Though I still have this damn Musictoyz gift certificate burning a hole in my electronic pocket.

Do you have photos of any pedals you've made previously? Forgive me if this is a stupid question as I'm still fairly new here and haven't become familiar with everyone.

• Moderators

You know what... with the Micro-Amp, it doesn't really make a difference if it is true-bypass or not. The input Z is so high that it presents almost no load to the signal path even if connected all the time!

regards, Jack

• Members

That's a very nice offer ... and tempting. Though I still have this damn Musictoyz gift certificate burning a hole in my electronic pocket.

Do you have photos of any pedals you've made previously? Forgive me if this is a stupid question as I'm still fairly new here and haven't become familiar with everyone.

browntown.jpg

two pedals I built, a fuzz face and a tube screamer type.

• Members

I went with the Toadworks Meat. Ordered it today (used my gift certificate ... had to call Musictoyz ... I'm still convinced that there is nowhere on the site to actually enter in the codes to redeem them). The fact that it only have one footswitch should keep me for going nuts and using it as an overdrive. However, I wanted to have the option of dialing in a little dirt. I'll report back on it after I receive it. I appreciate all the suggestions.

Archived