clean DUAL boost recommendation?

TheWarmth

• Members

I've got a $75 gift certificate for musictoyz. I don't want to spend $250 on a zvex pedal, no matter how cool they are. Any recommendations for a nice clean boost ... sadly, Barge Concepts pedals aren't available there, so it's not an option.

Man ... I've searched the forum and found recommendations for various pedals (Zinky Master Blaster looks cool, as does the Barber Launch Pad), but so far the Barge Concepts DB-2 is the only DUAL boost I've found. Are there any nice dual boosts available via musictoyz??? Help!!!

• Members

Banzai New Rising Sung II

2 boosts in one pedal. to each boost its own input and output. stunning built and sound quality!! but a little more than 75 dollars.... it has more boost on top than you'll ever need, belive me!

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/banzai.php

from the manufacture:
http://www.banzaieffects.com/Banzai-New-Rising-Sun-II-pr-16133.html

• Members
Originally posted by TheWarmth

BTW, your Diamond Pedals suggestions caused me to purchase a Memory Lane!

yep, those banzais are tempting! hope you are glad with your diamond purchase,.. they are so well done in sound and i've never seen so tidied up pedals from the inside.. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by TheWarmth

Gah ... $215 for the Rising Sung.

It's Sun without the g at the end :)
Great pedal. I've had many boosts, and the Banzai remains with me.

The Insane Gain (Bruce Bennett) is cheaper, if you can find one. They are no longer made.

• Members

Originally posted by drmanbear

The Launch Pad would be a good one to get if you have an older, 4-input Fender amp. You can bridge the amp's channels with the pedal.

Another suggestion: Home Brew Electronics Dos Mos

DAMN! The Dos Mos looks great, too. I really like my HBE Powerscreamer quite a bit. So conflicted.

• Members

I give up ... going to have to do this another day. Either I'm a total freakin' idiot or there is NOWHERE on the musictoyz site to put in the gift certificate number to redeem it. If anyone can advise me, let me know. Feels like I've spent all day researching pedals and now I can't get my order placed.

• Members

My board is kinda big as it is, so the idea of adding two more pedals in order to achieve a clean boost seems like a bit much.

In case you're curious:

Foxrox Hot Silicon
Fulldrive II
Fulltone OCD
Colorsound Supa Tonebender 90's reissue (secret weapon)
Vox V847
Maxon Rotary Phaser
Foxrox TZF
Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe
Hughes & Kettner Replex (soon to be replaced by the Memory Lane I recently ordered)

I've got a few other pedals that linger in the studio ... HBE Powerscreamer, Schumann Lion, Frantone Sweet, original Colorsound FuzzPhaze (purchased at Andy's Music in London ... a gem), but the above is my standard rig for the moment.

• Members
Originally posted by Tonemeister69

You need a Zvex Super Duper
;)

For sure!!!;)

But if you'r not willing to spend that amount of cash you could go for 2 used MXR microamps, theyre pretty cool, not too expensive used, and small enough to fit 2 on your board without taking up too much space.

• Members

I'd love a zvex super duper, but I don't want to spend that much. I just bought a Barge Concepts BB-1 because I'm a fuzz addict, so I need to keep this purchase to a minimum and I really want to use this $75 musictoyz gift certificate (if I can ever figure out how to get it to work on their site).

So ... you guys don't think the Toadworks Meat (or Ziggy Master Blaster, HBE Dos Mos, Barber Launch Pad) would do the trick for me? Seems like it shouldn't take anything too fancy (aka Zvex) to give me a nice clean boost.

Archived