MI Audio Booster

michael_ibrahim

• Members
Originally posted by michael_ibrahim

Funny about the rising sun thing,... it actually wasn't my intention. I wanted rays to come out of the volume control to make it look all powerful and stuff,... ooops.

Looks cool anyway
:D

What's the difference between this boost and the one you made for Simon (Tikirocker)?

• Members

Hey Michael,

Nice to hear about the new booster. Read about it on your site and it seems like a beauty.

But the paintjob, well, I don't think you intended for it to appear as a Japanese Wartime Flag, but you cannot deny the similarities.
43r0chd.png

As an Asian myself, I have an innate dislike for any wartime references with regards to the Japanese, for my paternal grandparents suffered tremendously in the hands of the imperialistic Japanese troops. And I have never had the chance to meet my grandfather from the maternal side due to the Japanese Occupation as well.

And with the recent incidents with the Yasukuni War Shrine, etc. I think that the paintjob's connotations of the Japanese Wartime flag is distasteful.

And for the record, I ought to make it clear that I've nothing against MI Audio (I own a BP and the TZ) or the modern day Japanese.
It's the Imperialistic warmongers of the past that enrages me.

Thank you for reading. :)

• Members

Hi ILID,

No offense taken. My intention is certainly not to offend anyone. I build pedals for a living. I appreciate your honesty though. I have a batch of these cases done, but will look into modifying the design on future cases so as not to upset anyone.

JF, the buffer is on all the time. It's a simple task though to modify the pedal to TB.

• Members

Originally posted by 4Kenoath

What's the difference between this boost and the one you made for Simon (Tikirocker)?

Hey 4KO

Tiki's pedal was something I whipped up very quickly to meet a need of his, which was just a simple volume boost. The BNB design is a lot better thought out. It's transistor based, as mentioned, quieter, buffered, and has a dynamic frequency response, based on volume. Tiki's ex pedal is probably closer to an MXR micro amp. It was opamp based, with a flat frequency response.

Archived