What are some Clean boosts with tone control?

88mm

• Members

If you bring the "gain" control down on the Fuzz section of the Pigtronix Disnortion, its a clean booster with six different filters to choose from:

1) Full Range (flat)

2) FAT (mid boost)

3) Smooth (LPF)

4) Treble

5) Mid-Scoop

6) Bass

I played at B.B. Kings in NYC last Saturday night with the reggae artist Ras Kimono from Nigeria. On a few songs, I used the Mid-Scoop/Clean Boost setting for a really punchy but cutting, old school Rhumba tone.

This pedal does just about everthing.

OFO-picbetter.jpg

www.pigtronix.com

• Members

Contour Boost has a midrange boost control which also can be directed to add some highs by internal adjustment. This is intended to give more of what you expected from boost all along, at least in amp overdriving situations. What type of EQ gives "more balls" in a clean situation could be the opposite -- in the case of single coils, low mids will get more of a humbucking sound.

An EQ is not as clean, simple, or high output as a clean boost device, but that's not such an issue if high output levels are not required for amp driving.

• Members

don't like the rc, not enough boost and not clean enough.

Good pedal if you want to add some grit to your clean, but that all it does well, I don't like it on top of my distortion, my radial switchbone does this better.

or this.

A lot of boost, stays clean, sounds very clear, has a great built in buffer, and with the drag function you can get rid of unwanted high end you would get with with other buffers.

bigshot-pb1-slice.jpg

• Members

really.. well i only got very great "pictures" from rc users..

anyway the best clean boost on mother earth is the klon centaur! i owned one and it does something no other pedal can do with your sound. for pure clean boost there is no better pedal imho!!!! well the price is quite high but it is worth... another question is if you need it... there are several other pedals that are great, too.. no question. but the klon is on top of all.

anyway, right now i am using 2 dano fish and chips.

Archived