What kind of wall wart for an original ADA Flanger?

loosegroove

• Members

Originally posted by loosegroove

Unfortunately that info was for the reissue and not the original. Hmmm....

In the research I did at their site has a picture of the A/DA 78 Reissue with built-in AC. A/DA made the next generation of their Flanger and called it a reissue. The A/DA Flanger was out in 78. The A/DA AC powered Flanger came out 3 years later.

• Members

Crapola, I guess I don't know my stuff. Then I believe I have the second generation "reissue". Because apparently the original ones were hardwired, and didn't they have ADA Flanger reissues that came out in the 90's and that had the hardwired AC cord?

Yeah there were some in the '90's but I've not come across one so I presume they were in small numbers.

• Members

Crapola, I guess I don't know my stuff. Then I believe I have the second generation "reissue". Because apparently the original ones were hardwired, and didn't they have ADA Flanger reissues that came out in the 90's and that had the hardwired AC cord?

What's on the back of your Flanger? Any Serial Number. My AC powdered one says: A/DA Analog/ Digital Associates, 2316 Forth Street, Berkeley, CA 94710. My serial number looks to be 29221.

At another site a user mentions how he sent his non AC Flanger to A/DA and they changed it over to the AC powered version. A/DA is long since out of business.

• Members

Originally posted by StompboxMan

What's on the back of your Flanger? Any Serial Number. My AC powdered one says: A/DA Analog/ Digital Associates, 2316 Forth Street, Berkeley, CA 94710. My serial number looks to be 29221.

At another site a user mentions how he sent his non AC Flanger to A/DA and they changed it over to the AC powered version. A/DA is long since out of business.

Yup, that's the same info I have. I think they moved down the street to Oakland for a little while? Too bad they are long defunct as I live in the North Bay of CA. Here is a questions. I think I have one of those cheapy Radio Shack adapters with 8 different ends on it with adjustable voltage up to 12 volts and switchable polarity. I have a 50/50 chance of getting the polarity right the first time. Could I do damage to the pedal if I happen to guess wrong?

• Members

Here is a questions. I think I have one of those cheapy Radio Shack adapters with 8 different ends on it with adjustable voltage up to 12 volts and switchable polarity. I have a 50/50 chance of getting the polarity right the first time. Could I do damage to the pedal if I happen to guess wrong?

The wrong Polarity Will damage your pedal. I'll go back to the www.adadepot.com and find the Voltage requirements for your Unit. Don't quote me but I think I saw 18V, Positive somewhere at the site. Let's confirm this before you power up the pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by StompboxMan

The wrong Polarity Will damage your pedal. I'll go back to the
www.adadepot.com
and find the Voltage requirements for your Unit. Don't quote me but I think I saw 18V, Positive somewhere at the site. Let's confirm this before you power up the pedal.

The pic above looks like it's 12V. Unfortunately these is no polarity on that sucker.

• Members

I got the ADA Adapter info from Analog Mike at his site FAQ's. www.analogman.com. Thanks Mike! :thu:

It takes a Positive Tip Adapter.

A/DA power adaptor The early A/DA pedals used a 12V DC power transformer, positive tip, about 200mA should be more than enough. Some mid year versions need more than 12V or they will hum, as they use a 15V regulator. Those will work with the EH 18V DC adaptor sold for the EH Holier Grail or POG.

Archived