non-sticky: We need a "retro" forum

• Members

I think it's a cool idea. Some said in the synth jam thread something about this, but called it "old fart jam." (Was it you?) The funny thing is that I can't even (legally) drink yet and I'd spend all my time in "old fart jam." :D

It's a very good proposal though. Guitarists get amps and effects and guitars and whatever other subforums...we get just one area. I think it would be cool to split it into something like "Acoustic and Electromechanical Keyboards" and "Synthesizers."

• Members

My counterpoint to this is the fact that I get to read many cool threads about Hammonds, Leslies, Rhodes, Wurli's, etc because they are posted here. Despite belonging to other lists that cover those instruments specifically, they never keep my attention they way similar threads do here. Frankly, I wish this stuff was discussed more here.

I promise to never, ever complain about Retro/Vintage threads :D

• Members

Originally posted by Allerian

My counterpoint to this is the fact that I get to read many cool threads about Hammonds, Leslies, Rhodes, Wurli's, etc because they are posted here. Despite belonging to other lists that cover those instruments specifically, they never keep my attention they way similar threads do here. Frankly, I wish this stuff was discussed more here.

I promise to never, ever complain about Retro/Vintage threads
:D

Well, my counterpoint would be I get to read cool stuff about stuff on other forums. If I find myself even remotely interested in a topic (say, Mac software) I'd click on the Mac thread and find neatly organized topics there =)

But to the OP... the guitar forum doesn't have a "vintage" guitar sub-forum. The metal heads, bluegrass, and emo guys all get along. Still though... I do think KSS needs a division somewhere.

Archived