Lexicon MX400 Vs. TC elec' M-One XL

AmitSadras

• Members

Lexicon is widely regarded as king of the rack reverbs, although I've never owned one. A lot of people view TC reverbs as sort of a love it or hate it kind of thing. If you've heard one in person and liked it, then go for it. Otherwise you might want to check one out first.

You might also check out the Kurzweil Rumour. That's the one I plan on eventually picking up.

• Members

Is this a guitar rig or for PA?

I think a dedicated rack reverb is overkill a guitar rig, unless your name is Steve Lukather and you have a signature guitar.

What else do you have in your rig? You could get a TC D-two or a Lexicon MPX-1 or MPX-G2, or a rocktron intellifex. Those units have great multiFX plus really nice reverbs. I've have the Lexicon G2 and I've used the intellifex. Bothe are great for guitar and the reverbs are awesome.

• Members

I started to build a new guitar rig.

i have an excellent floor pre amp

Koch - Pedal Tone

boss dd-20 and ce-20

dyna comp

and more couple of pedals

that i actually not using them.

i want to pass next level

and make my pedals racks

i want a reavrb that dont disapoint me

i didnt found a really good reverb pedals

why you think that i dont need to take the Lexicon mx400?

Thanks.

Amit.

• Members

Originally posted by AmitSadras

I started to build a new guitar rig.

i have an excellent floor pre amp

Koch - Pedal Tone

boss dd-20 and ce-20

dyna comp

and more couple of pedals

that i actually not using them.

i want to pass next level

and make my pedals racks

i want a reavrb that dont disapoint me

i didnt found a really good reverb pedals

why you think that i dont need to take the Lexicon mx400?

Thanks.

Amit.

Well if you start going to a rack system, then you would probably be better off getting a rack processor that has great delays/chorus and reverb that you can modify per preset. Lexicon has a great unit in the MPX-1, or TC has the G Force or G System.

Sure, you could build a rack system out of individual components. There are not that many dedicated rack systems anymore. Mostly reverbs (like you mention) and delay/chorus/reverb combinations. Most of the new units have lots of processing power and can do many things.

You could keep the pedal delay and chorus, but then you will be running a lot of cables.

• Members

but the g-system and the g-force

is not for my pocket yet..

i want some quility reverb with couple of modulations

for 400-600 USD

i cant buy something like that

and the Lexicon MX400 or TC elec' M-One XL

have normal prices

i want something in this range of prices

or, if you the that to TC is better

or the lexicon..

• Members

MX200 has 2 in 2 out. MX400 has 4 in 4 out.

You need to be really be careful when buying these units. They are input level +4 to +20 dBu input, which are not really suitable for a guitar type rig (not enough headroom). You'd be better of with something that can take a -4dBu input, and is designed specifically for guitar.

I'm not trying to convince you which unit to get, but you should investigate the general specs of this rack gear and find out what may be suitable for a guitar rig.

The TC M-One for example is -12dBu to +12dBu, which would likely be better spec wise.

• 13 years later...

Archived