Whammy vs. Super Shifter

SE1081

• Members

If you do a search you'll see the topic come up a fair bit (I've answered the question in pretty much the same way I'm about to here lots of times.)

I had a WH4 and returned it and bought the PS5 and EV5.

One major reason: the mix knob. Sometimes I want the wet/shifted signal at 25% of the original/dry signal. The Whammy only allows 50/50 wet/dry harmony.

The PS5 allows you more flexibility with the arrangment of your pedalboard too. The pedal can go to the back and the expression pedal can come to the front etc.

I'm looking into a HOG now for some polyphonic options. But I have noticed a lot of HOG owners keeping PS2/3/5s alongside their HOGs.

The Whammy felt like a trick pedal to me. As in, good for pulling out for a few tricks once in a while. The PS5 felt a bit more solid and flexible.

• Members

I literally just dealt with this earlier today between these two pedals and ended up going with the whammy, I was entertained with the super shifter but the whammy was dishing out some pretty awsome stuff that I couldnt nail with the SS very well. I think that its a matter of how crazy you want to get.

Archived