Need pedal for EVH F.U.C.K./Balance tone

maravich

• Members

I play into a clean tube amp with a solid-state rectifier. i cant dime the amp due to living space limitations so i have to work with gain pedals.

i am thinking of getting either the seymour duncan twin tube classic or the crunchbox. any other suggestions?

will an OD-3 or small fry do the trick? can they do brown and mushy?

thanks! :)

• Members

The price of the soldano supercharger may be a bit much even for those in the higher tax brackets. I would check out the line6 distortion pedals.

http://www.line6.com/tonecore/

Just a thought...check out the Dr Distorto for that really compressed sound high gain sound...

I am gassing for the crunchbox but I don't think its gonna give you that Balance/ F.U.C.K. sound. At least thats not what I'm going for. That maybe more of a tubezone sound.

• Members

Try a ToadWorks Mr. Ed pedal. Not expensive either.

{censored} was the first CD where EVH had his EB/MM EVH guitar, so its got "his" pickups and the use of the neck pickup, which he hadn't done in a long time (if ever).

EVH's tone always has had a nice chime to it. He does have some gain of course, but its never muddy. I think a maple neck and board contributes to that tone an awful lot.

• Members

yea, they key to his tone i think isn't how much gain you have. But the clarity and 'chime' to his tone. God i forgot how much i love his tone. THe only time i hated his tone was at times on 5150/OU812 (was alittle too processed sounding for me). But most of 5150 was badass. He still used a marshall then too i think

• 1 year later...

Archived