the great ideas just keep coming

Alanfc

• Members

hey-

I was thinking about pedal tone suck and all this ,

and I thought,

Maybe I should put my EQ pedal as the Last in line in my FX loop, instead of first the way it is now...

This way I can mess with frequencies and make corrections to the straight tone thats being affected by the pedals (when they're off).

do any of you guys put the EQ there ?(if you use one)

thanks

• Members

I think its a good idea.

Although when I do it, I end up tweaking and tweaking and then compare it to what the sound was with the eq off and end up liking tha better anyway, then I get confused and give up.

But still a good idea I think.

I read somewhere that with an eq pedal predistortion and one post distortion(loop) you should be able to get a decent sound out of any tube amp. I think it was here somewhere
http://www.grailtone.com/guitar-tone-articles/predistortion-eq-article.html

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

jeez.

i remember back in the old days trolls would at least TRY to do a good job. or be amusing. or something. don't make 'em like they used to.

:(

Give me a break! I was just saying that I think little pedals on a tube amp make them sound 10 times better then improving the output or loop EQ.
Just trying to help....

OH, and by the way, this is you;
IMG_7255.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by telmburk

Give me a break! I was just saying that I think little pedals on a tube amp make them sound 10 times better then improving the output or loop EQ.

Just trying to help....

OH, and by the way, this is you;

IMG_7255.jpg

that's my twin sister. i wouldn't be caught dead in those shoes.
unfortunately, she was. thanks for reminding me.
:cry:

• Members

OK thanks guys

I don't get loud time til the weekends so I ask alot of questions ..

I've ordered a hot output pickup and may ditch the OD pedal method. This would leave only my tuner upfront, which I'm now putting in the loop with my other few pedals. So I will be direct into the amp. I record this way and I know it sounds marvellous.

Archived