Can any one recommend me a pedal...

JSRocker

• Members

I am looking for a cheap (price but not quality) Tube Screamer/Tube Overdrive-type pedal. I really need one for when I need that "warm tube overdrive" and my old clunky RP300 (before the 'A' model) won't cut it.

I am really hoping to find one in the $20-$50 range, I don't have alot to spend because I need to update pretty much all of my stuff, with little cash, as the quote says.

• Members

Buy a used ts-9 and later get it modded by Robert Keeley with his ts-9 mod plus. It will make it sound like a vintage ts-808 with extra features. Of course get it modded when you have the cash though. I will send my ts-9 in when I can. (I actually get my ts-9 on sale at guitar center for around 70 with the coupon I got when I walked in the door.)

• Members

Originally posted by JSRocker

I had wondered about "the Monkey". A lot of people say that the bad monkey doesn't have all that much drive to it.

Does anyone know anything about the green Behringer OD pedal?

You should try the Bad Monkey. If you don't like it, at least you'll have something to work with in a trade/sale. If you don't like the Behringer you won't be able to give it away.

• Members

Originally posted by JSRocker

I am looking for a cheap (price but not quality) Tube Screamer/Tube Overdrive-type pedal.

I am really hoping to find one in the $20-$50 range

TS7 or TS5 are your best bet. If you're patient I bet you could find a TS9, but its all the same stuff. The switch on the 9 gets sketchy, and the 5, well....if the TS5 looks like something you'd want to own, then more power to you.

• Members

I wish I had an extra TS to just hand out at times. Not much cash you got there, but hey I think we've all been down that road. I would say the Digi Bad Monkey used somewhere would be your best bet. Again no offense but you kinda limited with the funds, ya know. Just tag one and don't expect it to change the world. Use it and save some money for something a little higher up the ladder if you will. Of course that's just my 2 cents. Alot of people think it's a stand up pedal and there is no need for another TS type drive sound.

Archived