Rackmount Delay for Live

FalafelKing

• Members

So i just switched to GCX and of course want to preset delays. I want the Line 6 Echo Pro but currently have a TC M300 which apparently isnt good for switching on the fly mid-song. Are there any other units that switch seemlessly on the fly without a hiccup as i get from the M300??

My singer uses the TC Helicon and it def switches seemlessly. Ideas?

• Members

What parameters do you want to switch? Are you running serial or parallel with an FX loop or mixer?

I use an expression pedal and tap tempo to get most of the variations that I need in my delay for mid song transitions.

Plus the GCX can switch the delay in and out of the loop, or you could try a parallel setup...then you would have no dropouts on patch changes.

If you are talking about lags for patch changes, then maybe an older intellifex or replifex will be suitable for live. I've used both and they are good. I am using a Lexicon G2 right now, and that has very pristine sound quality, but hard to initially program...not hard now that I have the hang of it...but it does have a bit of a preset lag. Most units with high end algorythms do to some extent.

Other units TC1210

Lexicon MPX-1

TC d-two

• Members

Originally posted by FalafelKing

So i just switched to GCX and of course want to preset delays. I want the Line 6 Echo Pro but currently have a TC M300 which apparently isnt good for switching on the fly mid-song. Are there any other units that switch seemlessly on the fly without a hiccup as i get from the M300??

G Force

• Members

Im running it serial at the moment. My plan was to use the Echo Pro but since i already owned the M300 i thought i'd try it. I just want to switch btwn presets that i make without interruption. Right now i have it set so that when i switch presets on the ground control the delay loop is off and i just turn them on so the interruption isnt audible but ideally i just want to hit the preset on the ground control and have it be all in. I'll check your recommendations out. thank you.

• Members

Originally posted by FalafelKing

My singer uses the TC Helicon and it def switches seemlessly. Ideas?

TC 2290

G-Force

G-Major

Line 6 Echo Pro

Yamaha SPX90

Yamaha SPX90 II

Yamaha SPX 900

Rocktron Intellifex

:thu:

Archived