nano LPB1, true bypass ???

awilson40

• Members

I have one. It's pretty cool. I use it with the low input of my JCM 800, which can be a just breaking up tone. Kick the nano and it boosts it to a mid gain kinda thing. I guess I'd call it a clean boost. No coloration to speak of. The way I use it, it does increase gain by hitting the preamp with a stronger signal. Might be different with different amps though. It's not a be all end all boost but for $39.00 new it's cheap enough just to buy and try one out. I like it.

• Moderators

Originally posted by awilson40

or not.

Not!

It is not what I really call true bypass... it's mostly true bypass, but there are a couple of ferrite beads and a pair of capacitors left on the signal line even when the switch is in the bypass condition... it is a layout error? I don't know but there are a couple of others on the board as well, so maybe.

regards, Jack

• Moderators

Originally posted by awilson40

Thanks Jack,

Thats what I have heard, I tend to mod all my pedals anyway.

so Is it and easy mod to change it to a full true bypass.

and do you know of a site with schematics ?

It would be easy to remove the beads and caps to make it completely true bypass. It would not affect the functioning of the pedal as they were not in the original anyway. You would have to substitute jumpers for the ferrites.

regards, Jack

Archived