Tremelos, anyone?

unit11

• Members

Originally posted by unit11

Can anyone list off some good tremelos? I'd like one that can do both the choppy square wave trem as well as the round/pointy wave trem. Cheap is nice, around $100 or less?

semaphore?

i dunno how much they are in $ though

• Members

Boss makes a decent Tremolo for under $100. I think the Semaphore is more like $125. Could be more. I've been using the RM Voodoo Vibe for years. It's expensive, but does tremolo, chorus and vibrato.

Does anyone have a Toneczar Power Glide??? Guess I need to do a search.

• Members

On MusiciansFriend I found:
Voodoo Lab Tremolo Pedal for $130
EH Pulsar for $100
Boss for $90
Rocktron Pulse for $70

Are any of these any good? And what about that Semaphore? $125? Or the Marshall - what does that run?

What looks good from these?

• Members

On MusiciansFriend I found:

Voodoo Lab Tremolo Pedal for $130

EH Pulsar for $100

Boss for $90

Rocktron Pulse for $70

Are any of these any good? And what about that Semaphore? $125? Or the Marshall - what does that run?

What looks good from these?

IF you have the board space, the Pusar is a great buy. I traded mine for another VL trem because I needed the smaller size, and I am used to the controls of the VL. The Pulsar IS more versatile, but the VL trem sounds great and occupies about half the space.

The Marshall is somewhat cheaper, but has received spotty reviews.

The Boss Trem is of course, a Boss pedal, and has its fair share of fans and haters. I wouldn't pay that much for it though -- there's too many used units floating around for less $$.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Semaphore and the Dr. Scientist pedals, (though I've never tried either one) but they do cost significantly more than the pedals you researched.

c

• Members

Originally posted by Jeremy Skrenes

The tuna melt WON'T do the really hard choppy tremolo sounds. I have one, and that's my only complaint. But you won't find a better $20 tremolo, and even for big bucks you don't get too much more trem.

Right. It "chops" but not a fast and hard helicopter type chop.

• Members

Why is the stereo one cheaper? Can it still work mono?

yes it still works mono. i couldn't tell you why they're cheaper though. Smaller, sturdier housing, standard 9 volt adapter input. Seems like a big upgrade over the older style pulsar for less money.

Archived