Fuzz help, yes, another one.

inlifeisdeath

• Members

I love fuzz, but have been struggling to find the right one.

I have a Huckleberry, which is not exactly working out well for me. It might be due to its imcompatibility with my Vox ac15 custom classic.

Frankly, I cannot exactly pinpoint what kind of fuzz I am after.

I love how dirty and lo-fi Neil Young sounds on 'Hey Hey, My My'.

I also enjoy the wall-of-sound fuzz tones of the Smashing Pumpkins.

Similarly, I find Hendrix's tone to be wonderfully tasteful.

I know that there is not a single fuzz pedal that can satisfy all my needs.

So I was thinking maybe one unit for heavy, searing, dirty fuzz tones, and another for the creamy vintage stuff.

Another consideration is that it must work well with the ac15cc.

Can I please have your opinions and recommendations? I was actually looking at the Mayo, and also the Euthymia line. But Brad was telling me that if the Huckleberry didn't work out, the Euthymia line might not too, since they come from the same designer.

It would help if any of you can clarify any misconceptions of mine that you have spotted, or school me more extensively on the great, but ridiculously complicated world of fuzz.

Thanks for reading. :thu:

• Members

Sadly, I never had a chance too. Being situated outside the States sometimes mar your chances of actually trying out gear.

I have always had the impression (from reading the various threads) that the Fuzz Factory is gives an all-out whacked fuzz tone.

I don't know how to fit that into my needs. Hence, I have never given it serious consideration.

I might be missing something here though.
:p

Thanks for the reply.

• Members
Originally posted by inlifeisdeath

Sadly, I never had a chance too. Being situated outside the States sometimes mar your chances of actually trying out gear.

I have always had the impression (from reading the various threads) that the Fuzz Factory is gives an all-out whacked fuzz tone.

I don't know how to fit that into my needs. Hence, I have never given it serious consideration.

I might be missing something here though.

:p

Thanks for the reply.

no, the ff has alot of tones in it. its got tamed stuff in there too, alot of it.

id try one IIWY...

• Members

or you can look into a MonsterPiece Two Headed Monster. It has both ge and silicon transistors. The Geranium side is Creamy for that Hendrix tone and the Silicon has the gives off a more modern fuzz. You can blend the two together for some blended fuzz. The funny thing about Euthymia ICBM fuzz I had, Sounded alot like my EHX Double Muff. People might think I'm CRAZY or TONE deaf, but I got the same Fuzz out of my Double Muff. The Euthymia was just a little smoother. To me that didn't justify the cost difference.

• Members

Yes... I am a member of the board :D

I have a post in the spam thread about a Two Headed Monster, as well as single versions of the Monsterpiece Fuzz. I currently have one enclosure for a Two Headed Monsterpiece that I drilled and painted orange yesterday. Should be finished by Wednesday. I'm just a PM away :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by duderanimous

Yes... I am a member of the board
:D

I have a post in the spam thread about a Two Headed Monster, as well as single versions of the Monsterpiece Fuzz. I currently have one enclosure for a Two Headed Monsterpiece that I drilled and painted orange yesterday. Should be finished by Wednesday. I'm just a PM away
:cool:

dude, do i get a discount for the help of a sale???:D I will own one, just after christmas, I promised my wife I would be good and not buy a pedal until after christmas!! The two headed monster and the mayo will be mine I swear!!!!!!

• Members
Originally posted by 6StrngStrangler

dude, do i get a discount for the help of a sale???
:D
I will own one, just after christmas, I promised my wife I would be good and not buy a pedal until after christmas!! The two headed monster and the mayo will be mine I swear!!!!!!

Depends on whether or not you're gonna sick UltraMan on my ass :D

Archived