pls look my tube distortion effect

mac-guitarist

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

Where did you get those little smooth metal knobs, they look really classy.

from jameco.com. when they arrived, they looked like crap, all scratchy and the indent on the top wasn't colored at all.

I stuck a black sharpie in the holes, let it dry and then used fine steel wool to finish them off.

• Members

Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

Yep, sound just like the United states in the 1800's. No worker rights. Oppresive corporate bullying. Things out of balance. Just like China today, except replace corporations with an oppressive government.

If on the other hand, you take the long view, you'd envy the Chinese *people* also.

I hate to contribute to the ruination of this wonderfully effect centered threatd... but

though you can make some superficial comparisons, there was a little thing called the Constitution around (even back in those days) that really changes things a bit

• Members

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

I hate to contribute to the ruination of this wonderfully effect centered threatd... but

though you can make some superficial comparisons, there was a little thing called the Constitution around (even back in those days) that really changes things a bit

What did the constitution mean to you of you were a laborer and barely made a subsistence wage? How did it help you when your organized labor representatives where shot or beaten by Pinkerton men? Let's go back a bit further. How did it help you if you were a slave?

Not trying to be confrontational, but a quick read of Chinese history over the last 30 years has very concrete parallels to the rise of other empires. 40 years ago, Mao was systematically destroying millions of people through planned economies. Today's face of China is fundamentally different.

Just trying to say that I believe this will be China's century. Economic growth and the creation of a functional middle class will eventually/gradually force a regime change.

• Members

Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

Just trying to say that I believe this will be China's century. Economic growth and the creation of a functional middle class will eventually/gradually force a regime change.

I agree w/ that

as for the other stuff - yes, the realities of life are often far from the law on the books

but at least it was there - I think it will be harder for the common man in China to get his due than it was for the American simply b/c he doesn't have the US Consitution to at least try to use

• Members

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

I agree w/ that

as for the other stuff - yes, the realities of life are often far from the law on the books

but at least it was there - I think it will be harder for the common man in China to get his due than it was for the American simply b/c he doesn't have the US Consitution to at least try to use

I agree, and that's part of what I was saying earlier. The forces at work are the same, but there are cultural and political differences that cannot be overlooked. The Constitution wasn't irrelevant to the oppressed laborer during America's industrial revolution, or any other time. It was simultaneously the instrument (albeit a slow one) of his defense against the tyranny of the wealthy, as well as their servants in government, and the product of a fundamental and pervasive American cultural belief, i.e., that human beings have natural rights. It not hard to imagine that but for the Constitution, as well as the lingering spirit that first spawned it, what remains of liberty and democracy in America would have long ago been lost.

• Members

im not convinced people....call me crazy but i cant really trust a tube thing that looks like it runs on 9v....

that s my opinion

and in experience 99.99% of the times tubes in pedals mean no good.

only my .02 cents
cheers
Arturo

P.s. now some art "llamamos a los echos para q aparescan"
echo.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by mac-guitarist

China's economical is rapid developmenting now

i very like Chinese product,because them not only have good quality but also very low price,

Which mostly goes away when their currency gets valued properly. The good news then will be for the Chinese people and not just the political/military/industrial caste.

Ron

• Members

Originally posted by lefort_1

Yah see, I look at the board design, as a former engineer and board designer, and I cringe.

Everything but the stompswitch is board-mounted: robust it is not.

PCB-PCB adapter for the tube is begging for microphonics.

The carved groundplane looks cool, but I've seen it cause

parasitic noise in many audio circuits.

The SMD opamp is WACK, imho, as there's no WAY to swap one out if you wanted to experiment with different opamps, 741-stylee.

Just sayin.

I hear ya. I fix stuff all day and I've got a real good idea what that unit's going to look like when I get it.

Oh well, it does have lots of the advertisable features.

Ron

• Members

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
1. Using the classical 12AX7 electron tube to create the splendid distortion tone, rather than any "simulate electron tube" or "acoustic simulator"!
2 . Adjusting GAIN, HIGH, BASS can get the full warmth overdrive tone, or smooth ,exquisite, delay SOLO tone, or the heaviest metal tone.
3. Powered by AC adapter and transformer that drives 12AX7 tubes to maximum voltage!
4. The true bypass mode utilizes PCB relay of both input and output from the signal path to eliminate the loss of power and clarity often caused by other devices
5. Heater of tube is powered by DC to avoid the noise of unnecessary buffer stages and preserve the great OTD-100 sound.
4-1.jpg:wave:

• 9 months later...

Archived