Thanks for the Yamaha GAS Wilbo...SA-30T score.

Gearhunter

• Members

:mad::love::cool::wave:

All this Semi-hollow and Hollowbody talk around here lately plus Wilbo's Yamaha SA-15 thread got me more than interested.

Threw a half-hearted bid on this beauty,a Yamaha SA 30T,and ended up winning the thing.

Here's some of the pics off the listing::love:

sa31.jpg

sa33.jpg

sa30.jpg

sa36.jpg

• Members

Oh baby! Very nice! :love:

That is an original case...looks like everything is in great shape too. You shouldn't even have to mess with the nut on that one.

Fantastic price...I think somebody said ones like that usually run at least $600...guess they're still sleepers on Ebay.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the pickups...I'm wondering if they're the same as the ones in the SA-15.

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

yeah, they are nice. but im sure noone will ever get into yammies, they just dont sound cool,b ut damn do they rock. the later 335 styles are way way rad. the acousitcs, im playing one now..

All it will take is one person to get famous who uses Yammies and prices will triple and they'll be the hottest thing since sliced bread.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Oh baby! Very nice!
:love:

Can't wait to hear what you think of the pickups...I'm wondering if they're the same as the ones in the SA-15.

Here's a close up of the neck pick-ups:

sa40.jpg

Do yours look the same?And the Bridge pup on mine appears to be flipped like yours is also.

:cool:

• Members

Yup those look to be the same ones. And my neck has the serial number there also so I know its not a replacement...some jackass just stripped the finish off the front of the headstock on mine. :cry: He must have been "anti-label" or something. :D

So far I'm loving the pickups a LOT...somebody else was saying they were too dark with the larger bodied model...but I'm thinking it was just his amp.

Interesting yours are flipped like mine...I noticed that last night also...maybe that's just how they're supposed to be?

• Members

Interesting yours are flipped like mine...I noticed that last night also...maybe that's just how they're supposed to be?

looks like the polepieces sit pretty close to the bridge if pup is installed so they're closest to it.

probably just too much twang for one of the owners.

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/guitar/eg/database/sa/01/sa-30.html

now i want one.

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

looks like the polepieces sit pretty close to the bridge if pup is installed so they're closest to it.

now i want one.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Its still able to pump out the twang if you pick near the bridge as is...and reversing them certainly doesn't seem to hurt the sound any.

Somebody in the Electric Guitar forum grabbed an SA-30 of the Bay for something like $280 in September so you can still grab them cheap. If I wasn't flat broke from by last two purchases I would be tempted to grab one now before prices get any higher.

That one really was in great shape it looks like. Definitely a great score.

• Members

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Its still able to pump out the twang if you pick near the bridge as is...and reversing them certainly doesn't seem to hurt the sound any.

Somebody in the Electric Guitar forum grabbed an SA-30 of the Bay for something like $280 in September so you can still grab them cheap. If I wasn't flat broke from by last two purchases I would be tempted to grab one now before prices get any higher.

i started noticing the 60's yammies about 3 yrs ago and the prices haven't gone up much since then. there's more interest in the mint ones amongst collectors. i saw and SG-3 go for over $1K recently. but the players have stayed put. everyone thinks 60's MIJ=bad (tesico, etc.), 70's lawsuit era=good.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

now i want one.

Those bridge pup poles do look too close for comfort to the bridge in stock position.

It is Hollow,not semi hollow,correct?

• Members

Nope.. that was me and it was here in the fx forum. :D Mines missing the tuss rod cover, and there's some substantial wear around the neck towards teh headstock... maybe the previous owner was a rhythm player (baby chords only) who wore alot of rings?.

• Members

:thu:

Thanks guys.Going to be some long days waiting on this Beauty1.gif

Originally posted by iodine74

Correct. And the F-holes have this clear plastic over them (somewhat recessed)

Yea,I read that they have some kind of membrane or something over the F-holes.Is that to battle feedback hollowbodys sometimes have?

• Members

Yeah, although since I dont play in a band I'm not sure how well that works. I do get some low end symphathetic vibration though when I've played with too much gain at high volumes here at the house. I need to rethink my EQing when I play this. I also am curious about flatwounds on it.

You might be able to see the blockers here.

304633425_509199bf5a_o.jpg

Here's some more shots

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18519778@N00/304633447/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18519778@N00/304633474/

Archived