WOT: Mel Gibson is the man!

bloodyfingers

• Members

I'm not trying to sound anti-semetic. I just think he is a great actor/director. Yes, the Passion was pretty bad..I'll give you that. But come on, Braveheart was a great movie. And who doesn't love the Road Warrior.

Now after the big scandal and all the bad press, his new movie "Apocalypto" (or something like that) is coming out. I just saw a tv special about it and it looks really good. It's got even got a message. It shows how the Incas (or Aztecs...I forget) destroy themselves from the inside out by squandering all of their natural resources. Sound Familiar?

I know he's not very popular nowadays, but I just love an underdog.

• Members

I really don't get what the big deal about Mel is. Sure, the road warrior was good and the first leathal weapon was good, but all of the sequels sucked. Okay, the bomb and the toilet scene from the second one was kewl. I guess I get why the ladies like him, but I don't get why guys go all ape {censored} over him. There are plenty of much better actors out there.

These thoughts don't reflect his jew bashin' and drinking and {censored}. People make a big deal over Brad Pitt. I don't think he's that great of an actor either, but at least he's been in some good movies.

• Members
Originally posted by Brooks

The Mayans.

2012... run!!

It's the end of a cycle, but not the end of the world.
By the way, I did not go through the link so perhaps they also explain it there.

The Mayans were a highly advanced civilization, knowledgeable in numbers and astronomy. They disappeared mysteriously.

The Aztecs were warriors. They controlled many nations who had to pay tribute to them. They made human sacrifices. They were not too popular so eventually many of these nations rebelled against them. Many alliances were formed when the Spaniards came to America.

The Incas lived further south, in Peru if I remember correctly.

I may eventually watch Apocalypto on TV. I'm more of a fan of The History Channel, The Discovery Channel, and The Learning Channel :)

• Members
Originally posted by jb1911

Even before he offended the Jews, I thought he was one of the worst actors in Hollywood.

Isn't Hollywood actor an oxymoron? :D

One of my favorite actors these days is Gary Oldman. Reminds me of Lon Chaney.

• Members

Originally posted by capnbringdown

These thoughts don't reflect his jew bashin' and drinking and {censored}. People make a big deal over Brad Pitt. I don't think he's that great of an actor either, but at least he's been in some good movies.

12 monkeys was awesome, but i am a terry gilliam fan

• Members

He's not a great actor, but most of the big names like Cruise, Pitt, Willis etc are also crap actors with minimal stage presence. The only "a-list" actor that I can think of that's any good is Johnny Depp.

At least Mel has the good sense not to act in most of his movies these days.

• Members

Originally posted by 4Kenoath

He's not a great actor, but most of the big names like Cruise, Pitt, Willis etc are also crap actors with minimal stage presence. The only "a-list" actor that I can think of that's any good is Johnny Depp.

At least Mel has the good sense not to act in most of his movies these days.

I always thought of Pitt as a good actor. Fight Club, Snatch, 12 monkeys, Se7en...

+1 on Depp, he is good...better at playing Keif than Keif himself...lol..

• Members
Originally posted by Yarmo

I always thought of Pitt as a good actor. Fight Club, Snatch, 12 monkeys, Se7en...

He's also been in a lot of {censored}e movies too. I thought he was ok in seven and 12 monkeys, but they were decent films. I liked him in snatch, but don't think he can carry a movie...he hasn't got that much presence for mine.

• Members
Originally posted by Eddie

Isn't Hollywood actor an oxymoron?
:D

One of my favorite actors these days is Gary Oldman.

+1. The Harry Potter series was very lucky to get both him and Alan Rickman...Now if they'd just use them!:o

I think all of the Jews getting all huffy about the Passion was kind of ridiculous. It's documented in the book that you base your belief on. Come on...Oh wait, Jews don't believe in the New Testament...Convenient...:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Nico de Roode

Borat is a fan as well.

"As well as my recent moviefilm I has been in many previous Kazakh televiske films, including 'Dirty Jew', 'Attack of the Jew Claw', 'Help There's a Jew in my Kitchen' and various other projects fund by Melvin Gibson."

And no Mel, after What Women Want nobody should take you seriously anyway you douchebag. :mad:

Archived