Slightly OT: I'm gassing for an old Danelectro U-1...

ZachOmega

• Members
Danoincase.jpg

Go for it - those are very cool sounding guitars. They don't feel like cheap toys at all - big C-shaped rock solid necks, lots of acoustic overtones due to the hollow bodies. The Masonite is tough - mine's a '58 and the only wear is to the paint. GREAT guitars!

• Members

Worst part of this is I had a Silvertone amp in case (guitar and amp) that I got for free but it wasn't for me...I sold it at a guitar show...and now I totally regret it...

-Zach Omega

Originally posted by erksin

Danoincase.jpg

Go for it - those are very cool sounding guitars. They don't feel like cheap toys at all - big C-shaped rock solid necks, lots of acoustic overtones due to the hollow bodies. The Masonite is tough - mine's a '58 and the only wear is to the paint. GREAT guitars!

• Members

Originally posted by ZachOmega

Worst part of this is I had a Silvertone amp in case (guitar and amp) that I got for free but it wasn't for me...I sold it at a guitar show...and now I totally regret it...

-Zach Omega

The amp-in-case guitars are shorter scale than the other models - I don't care for them myself unless you put massive strings on them and use it for slide.

• Members

I would rock out on a U2...but I haven't seen any old ones. Nothing against the Korean RI models, but just not for me. I also saw a U3 a couple of days ago on ebay but it was new.

I also saw a U1 with a 6 in line headstock instead of the coke bottle Dano style (which I want).

It's not like I have the money to swing one anyway. Although I'd consider trading something ampwise for one if it came up.

-Zach Omega

Originally posted by Sir H C

U2 are more fun. Getting the two pickups together can be amazing. I have a friend with one of these, Silvertone badged, I love it. I have the later 2 pu short horn, and love the sound acoustic and electric. I have too many Danos...

• Members

The U2 reissue I had for a while sounded nice, but it was just too cheap feeling overall. It also had a bad input jack after not too long that had to be fixed and a couple of other annoying little problems.

However I will say the latest Dano 12 string reissues I've played are actually pretty solid feeling instruments. Much heavier than the U2 reissues and a very solid feeling neck. I was pleasantly surprised by them.

• Members

I played a Dano 12 string the other day and despite my general feelings towards 12 strings, I loved it. It was actually quite playable and sounded pretty good.

-Zach Omega

Originally posted by Wilbo26

The U2 reissue I had for a while sounded nice, but it was just too cheap feeling overall. It also had a bad input jack after not too long that had to be fixed and a couple of other annoying little problems.

However I will say the latest Dano 12 string reissues I've played are actually pretty solid feeling instruments. Much heavier than the U2 reissues and a very solid feeling neck. I was pleasantly surprised by them.

• Members

That Dano short horn and U2 look great! This is only making me want one more.

I've got a Harmony H304A, some speakers (see sig), and maybe a 1949 Gibson GA30 I'd consider trading for the right U1, U2, or short horn.

-Zach Omega

Originally posted by Sir H C

ddddaaaaaannnnnnnnooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and a harmony)

danos2.jpg

silvertones-harmony1.jpg

Archived