MENATONE KING OF THE BRITAINS...Which version id the best?

Picassochild

• Members

I just got a 6 knobber this week, and I think the best part of the pedal is the power gain knob, which isn't available on the 3, 4, or 5 knob versions. I am seriously sold on the 6 knob KOB. I've wanted a KOB for sooooo long. It was the first boutique pedal that really captured my interest, but I can't really say why. 5 years later, I finally scored one.

Somebody else posted here in the past 2 weeks or so about how his 6 knob Fish Factory (?) completely sold him on the entire 6 knob line.

Maybe that helps?

• Members

Originally posted by hbar

I just got a 6 knobber this week, and I think the best part of the pedal is the power gain knob, which isn't available on the 3, 4, or 5 knob versions. I am seriously sold on the 6 knob KOB. I've wanted a KOB for sooooo long. It was the first boutique pedal that really captured my interest, but I can't really say why. 5 years later, I finally scored one.

Somebody else posted here in the past 2 weeks or so about how his 6 knob Fish Factory (?) completely sold him on the entire 6 knob line.

Maybe that helps?

what's the power gain knob do?

• Members

I love Menatone 6-knob pedals (The KK is part of this range although it has 7 knobs) They seem to me the best executed and best sounding of all the menatone pedals. I recently got a 6-knob Fish factory and its great. These pedals are more like amps than pedals at times. You cant just dial in the knobs in 5 minutes, it takes a bit longer. The benefit is that every pedal had tons of cool sounds rather than 1 or 2 good settings like lots of drives and dirt pedals. Im still looking for a Howie, a KOTB, a Dirty Blonde, and a TBIAC from the 6 knob series, all I have are the FF and the KK now, both are amazing. If you want a KOTB, get the 6-knob, you wont be disappointed.

• Members

whats funny is that when it comes to overdrive/distortion pedals i prefer a tone knob to actual 3 or 4 band EQ. i had a tbiac a while back and i just couldnt get it to sound good thru my main amp. the pedals are so amp like that the only way i could get them to sound good was to run them into a really {censored}ty amp. i made this little 15 watts kima solid state amp with a hole in the speaker sound pretty damn good, but thru my marshall or bassman...not so much.

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

Oh one more thing. You might not love these pedals right out of the box. They are really sensitive to different amps and take a while to get used to. But you have to stick with it to be rewarded.

My KOB does not sound good on the clean channel of my Boogie, but on the lead channel, it rocks. But NOTHING like how it sounds into my bandmaster.

But I disagree about it taking more than 5 minutes to dial it in. Maybe for the others, but the KOB is really straightforward (to me).

• Members

Originally posted by hbar

My KOB does not sound good on the clean channel of my Boogie, but on the lead channel, it rocks. But NOTHING like how it sounds into my bandmaster.

But I disagree about it taking more than 5 minutes to dial it in. Maybe for the others, but the KOB is really straightforward (to me).

I use my KK with my rectifier as a dirty channel boost and the FF on the clean channel for a sort of three channel sound. Brian says the pedals dont like boogies much because of the bright caps. It makes them sound a little bright but it can be dialed out with a little work. Id like to get something loud and clean that would really let the FF shine a bit more. I never like the idea of having an amp with a channel I dont use.

• Members

Originally posted by Picassochild

NITEFLY182 thanks....

what do you think about 4 & 5 knob versions?

Never heard them. Ive never even heard a KOTB in general. I know that they will sound good because the other menatone pedals sound good. Just get a 6 knob and dont pay attention to the others.

Archived