TI OS2 is up on the Access site!!!

lawst

• Members

Radiospace>

You have two buttons for the osc editing, select and edit. Select chooses which one of the 3 osc you want to edit, the press edit to edit that osc.

Menu is only one layer - three parameters are shown in the LCD at a time and you then scroll left or right to show another three parameters.

Five knobs are always available for osc - wave shape, wave select, semitone tune, detune and FM amount in addition to the three under the LCD that drive the memu system. Quick and easy.

• Members

Speaking of which, there's supposed to be a 'complexity' indicator, showing how much a patch takes up, but I don't see it. They say it's on the 'playmode' page, but I don't have a page like that. Nothing on the other pages as well.

Top right on when LCD is on main patch select screen

• Members

There's simple and complex versions of the grain and formant wavetables. Both grain and formant 'complex' have similar parameters - formant shift, formant spread, detune and interpolation.

When you pick the simple versions, formant spread and interpolation disappear.

Yeah I've been playing with the formant shift, spread, detune and interpolation to work out how I can get them to work in a musical context.

I have to say that even I'm beginning to think that this synth is in need of at least another EG (and LFO) now!

• Members

Speaking of which, there's supposed to be a 'complexity' indicator, showing how much a patch takes up, but I don't see it. They say it's on the 'playmode' page, but I don't have a page like that. Nothing on the other pages as well.

It's the LCD display on the hardware. Look on it and there is a thing like a power meter you get on digital cameras on the top right of the screen. The more "power" on the meter, the more "expensive" the patch is in terms of dsp.

D.

• Members

OK - I see it on the hardware. In the OS2 addendum, they made it sound like it was in Virus Control.:freak:

About the mod thing. From what I've heard so far, any filtering at all just masks what's going on with the wavetable, so that'll leave the filter envelope open for me. I'm thinking in different terms with wavetables than I do with traditional subtractive. That still leaves a whole lot of mod sources.

Mook - with 3 lfo's (with 64 shapes each) and 2 wavetables to mod, maybe you could look at using the lfo's instead of wanting more envelopes (although you can never have too many envelopes).;)

I'm having absolutely no trouble getting fine sounds with the resources available.:idea:

• Members

Mook - with 3 lfo's (with 64 shapes each) and 2 wavetables to mod, maybe you could look at using the lfo's instead of wanting more envelopes (although you can never have too many envelopes).
;)

I like an LFO's speed being controlled by another LFO, so I'm one down to start with!

But don't get me wrong, I like working within a given set of parameters - I'd never get any music done if I had a G2 or Reaktor! :thu:

• Members

I like an LFO's speed being controlled by another LFO, so I'm one down to start with!

But don't get me wrong, I like working within a given set of parameters - I'd never get any music done if I had a G2 or Reaktor!
:thu:

Kinda like if you walk into a room naked, the walls are certainly enclosing your body, but you still feel naked.

Archived