I have 0 pedals.. where to start?

DLDude

• Members

I'd suggest getting an amp before getting effects myself. you can get very nice amps right now for cheap dough. I'd suggest one of the Epiphone Valve Jr. you can get it in a combo or a head and then get your own cab depending on which setup you prefer.

If you refuse to get an amp then I'd suggest a multi unit to start. Their cheap and will give you an idea of what you're really looking for.

If you don't want that either then I've heard great things on the Boss DD-20. I personally use a Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man and love it, no reverse on that though.

You need a good tuner, no guitar stays in perfect tune like that. Mine stays damn close as well but it's still not perfect. I'd suggest the strobostomp or if that's not your style try out the Korg tuner that is a stomp box.

• Members

I suggest you play around with your unit..............and see what types of effects you prefer.

Let's say it's flange. You could then go to a store and ask to play with their flangers. Pay close attention to the sonic qualities and differences between them. That will give you a point of reference so that you can then ask more specific questions.

Also, if you listen very closely to your influences you'll start to hear all of the effect that they use.

~MkF!
"Great taste since 1905!"

Archived