I "need" a new distortion pedal. What should I buy?

Jody Butt

• Members

GAS

I have:

MetalZone

Ubermetal

Super Overdrive

I have tried the Deathmetal. Didn't like it.

Recommend me a new distortion pedal. I just like trying new tones. I'm considering the Distortion Factory, the Little Big Muff Pi, the Hot Head, etc.

Thanks.

Considering boosts, too, of course.

• Members

subdecay and catalinbread, yey for oregon!

anyways, check out the little big muff by electro harmonix. by far the best big muff i have ever heard (of the current production models)

also find a used rat2 somewhere (you should be able to find one for under 50 bucks american)

the boss mega distortion gets {censored} on a lot, but i totally dug the one i had, it was meaty and had nice tone options. kinda like a ds-1 that doesn't suck the low end out of yoru signal.

• Members

Originally posted by Jody Butt

GAS

I have:

MetalZone

Ubermetal

Super Overdrive

Recommend me a new distortion pedal. I just like trying new tones. I'm considering the Distortion Factory, the Little Big Muff Pi, the Hot Head, etc.

Thanks.

Considering boosts, too, of course.

id definitely try to get something without 'metal' in the name, theres a good starting place for you.

• Members

Originally posted by Jody Butt

I have:

MetalZone

Ubermetal

Super Overdrive

Recommend me a new distortion pedal.

Ehehehehe.... you know what you've got yourself into, right?

For starters, try a blackstone mosfet overdrive, a COT50, an Eternity, a TC Jauernig gristle king which is a nice combination of the DGTM and luxury drive booster, a skreddy screwdriver or mayo, some D*A*M pedals if you can get your hands on them (Mk-II is nice).

Archived