So I walked in GC and . . .

Fast Frets

• Members

I walked into GC and there was a Stobostomp "on clearance" for $150. I was new but without a box so I asked them if they would take $140. After the "approval process" I got it for $140. Then there was a new DMM for $235 so I check MF and the price hadn't dropped so I bought it. Pretty weird because I am usually only in those places to kick tires. Anyway, now I have two new pedals and a lighter wallet.

Happy Holidays!

:) :) ;):wave:

• Members
Originally posted by KjStrat62

approval process in GC=Bull{censored}

It's a blessing and a curse. I loved using "man, the computer says I can't go below $xxx. Sorry, dude." on grinders, the sound the computer made was classic. On the other hand, it really gets between the fluidity of sales when you gotta chase down a manager to break the lock.

You can sell a $2300 Les Paul at cost but you can't take any money off the Slappa cd cases. :rolleyes:

• Members

Not really. They need to get approval from their corporate headquarters to make sure they are still turning a profit...or in the event they are losing money, they need pretty good justification. It is just a security measure to keep GC employees from cutting way too good deals with people.

-Zach Omega

Originally posted by KjStrat62

approval process in GC=Bull{censored}

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

That actually makes sense. Big ticket items = revenue; small ticket items = margin.

Somewhat. The store I worked at had a hard time selling PRS guitars at GLP so what happened? The same 6 PRSes hung on the wall for almost 2 years before the store manager called on a favor he had waiting in corporate.

If you got guys whoring out high end gear or just plain out dropping their pants at the sight of cash, your B-level GC (most of them) will start to look like the one in the middle-of-nowhere Ohio real quick.

Oddly enough, all it took was some guy to special order a Jimmy Page LP for corporate to toss Custom Shop Gibsons at us like whoa.

• Members

Originally posted by Robert Keeley

Strobostomp tuner at regular price or a nice discount is a great thing. Couldn't live without mine. Easy to use, read, accurate, sets the intonation without drinking a beer.

Peterson products rule fo sho!

Robert

I've always wondered why Strobostomps were considered the best. They still are pretty pricey, especially for a tuner.

• Members
Originally posted by tremolo531

I've always wondered why Strobostomps were considered the best. They still are pretty pricey, especially for a tuner.

They are price but they are very accurate, 1 cent versus 3 cents for the TU-2. Other cool features: true bypass, XLR, strobe tuning, ability to power other pedals. There are other good tuners--I like my TU-2 ok and the Korg is also supposed to be good.

If RK says its good, it must be ;) .

At any rate, I was suprise to find two pedals that I was look for at substantially reduced prices at GC.

:wave:

• Members

I just bought a Boss RC-2 looper pedal at GC last week. MF has them for $179.99 out the door. So does GC but theres tax in NY add 8 1/2 %). I asked if they could match $179.99 out the door. Without a fight the guy not only matched it, he beat it by $10.00. I got the pedal for $169.99 out the door.

I can never understand the GC horror stories. I have always gotten good, fair deals from them.:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Fast Frets

They are price but they are very accurate, 1 cent versus 3 cents for the TU-2. Other cool features: true bypass, XLR, strobe tuning, ability to power other pedals. There are other good tuners--I like my TU-2 ok and the Korg is also supposed to be good.

If RK says its good, it must be
;)

At any rate, I was suprise to find two pedals that I was look for at substantially reduced prices at GC.

Its accurate to a tenth of a cent, not to one cent, and that is from the Peterson website.

• Members
Originally posted by Robert Keeley

Strobostomp tuner at regular price or a nice discount is a great thing. Couldn't live without mine. Easy to use, read, accurate, sets the intonation without drinking a beer.

Peterson products rule fo sho!

Robert

I agree, but the battery cover SUCKS. Way too flimsy.

Archived