My Muff died.....

Ironhandjohn

• Members

After 2 years of use, both at home and bouncing around in the cab of my truck, my black Russian Big Muff has bitten the big one. When I plug the adapter for my 1-Spot or a battery there is no sound when stepping on the switch. With the switch OFF signal flows thru the pedal, but when stepping ON the LED sometimes blinks(or doesn't)but no sound happens. Does this happen often to these pedals, and if so, how easy is it to fix?

I've been substituting with my son's Metal Muff, but it's a much more aggressive pedal than my old Muff. With the distortion rolled a good amount off I cab get some good tones out of it. The Metal Muff is a lot more versatile than I thought...

That said, what's a good fuzz to replace my Russian with? I like Pink Floyd-esque fuzz, both old and new. I also like Eric Johnson, though he's a Fuzz Face guy, right? I'd like to find an older T-34 tank green Big Muff, but prices for them have gotten damn high. The Sun Face looks good, but is pricey. I'm limited to $100-125 for a pedal, maybe a bit more if I sell my Tonelab SE soon.

Archived