Best Practice amp with Headphone jack

mattpas

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

ill say it. the microcube is a hell of a great sounding amp. I main use it on jc120 settings, but it sounds great in other settings too. The marshall sound with a paul is really close.

the vox da5 (?) i hear is rad too...

I had the Vox and it started doing weird things, like the sound was dying and it wasn't the batteries or adapter.

• Members

I too needed a small practice amp that I could also use headphones with. After shopping around and trying out a few amps, I ended up getting the Vox Pathfinder 15R. It is solid state, but takes pedals really well, even the Little Big Muff which doesn't usually cooperate with SS amps very well. The headphone output sound isn't the greatest, but for late-night wanking it is decent. Also, it sounds fairly good when I run it into my Marshall 4x12 cab.

Only $119 at MF:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Pathfinder-15R-Guitar-Amp-with-Reverb?sku=481948

• Members

Microcube is fun, I enjoyed the AC30 model immensely when I had one. It was really dynamic and took pedals *almost* as well as my Pro Jr. It sounds even better than the same setting on the Cube 30/60, imo, which sound pretty thin compared to the Vox competition. I ended up selling it cuz I never used it, though. Now, if I was looking for headphone practice, I'd just get a cheap, decent MFX pedal, I think. I hear the amp models on the new Korg stuff are pretty good, and their cheapest model is $50.

Also, I had a Behringer GM110...decent amp, but some notes have this god-awful background, clunking distortion on them. For instance, I couldn't play "Radio Free Europe" without that sound in the background...I dunno why, but it ticked me off.

• Members

My Gf gave me a Kustom Arrow 15. I wanted another one, but this one is actually not bad at all for a amall practice amp.

It has a Headphone jack, as well as a CD Input Jack, where you can connect a CD player or an iPod if you want to play along with some songs/tracks. It also has reverb, and 2 channels.

oh, and a Celestion speaker.

I think it goes for less than $150.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

the Behringer GM110 is pretty cool for headphones and d/i.

you can choose a Fender, Marshall/Vox, or a Mesa setting and 3 different speaker settings. and it's all analog.

and $70.

+1.

Just picked one up for $70 shipped and it's got a great tone for the price.

Archived