need some suggestions on a small practice amp for my jazz class

Alex D

• Members

I think the MicroCube would have fit in my Jr. High locker, so unless they really screwed you (which, if they're anything like my major Big 10 state college alma mater, wouldn't surprise me), it will fit.

It seems like an amp you'll be able to get a lot of use out of, and for the price it can't be beat.

If you get serious into Jazz (or, like me, you don't really play jazz well but just want a fantastic clean amp) consider looking at the AER Compact 60. When you pick up the microcube, keep in mind that the AER only weighs twice as much but fills a room like a Twin.

• Members
Originally posted by MrMunky

I think the MicroCube would have fit in my Jr. High locker, so unless they really screwed you (which, if they're anything like my major Big 10 state college alma mater, wouldn't surprise me), it will fit.

It seems like an amp you'll be able to get a lot of use out of, and for the price it can't be beat.

If you get serious into Jazz (or, like me, you don't really play jazz well but just want a fantastic clean amp) consider looking at the AER Compact 60. When you pick up the microcube, keep in mind that the AER only weighs twice as much but fills a room like a Twin.

ya, I hope they dont' screw me to much. If they do I think I can find one I can "steal" atleast for a little bit ;)

I hope the micro can hold me over for awhile though, I really am used to big combo amps with a lot of clean headroom. Or my ears are really sensitive (ie I'm a {censored}) cause I never really had an amp that I couldn't get a really nice clean and to get it to distort made my ears hurt :cry:

I'll keep a look out for the aer 60 while I'm at the sam ash and GC though, thanks for the ideas and all that good stuff :thu:

Originally posted by Armoredfist316

:idea:

I have a tiny fender amp that runs on a 9V battery that i throw in my guitar case for lessons that you can borrow if the MC is too big:D

man if they do that to me, I think I might just go crazy :eek: I'm just going to buy the micro (99% sure) and hope for the best. I just don't want to go into school to get my locker and measure it, then go out and get my amp and software then go home install it and then try to get hr of practice in (more like 2 hrs for me) and then have to read Descartes first meditation and my chapter one of psych research methods. {censored} that, I going to buy that {censored} and hope for the best. I just don't have the time, man this really sucks. I need sleep :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by Alex D

man if they do that to me, I think I might just go crazy
:eek:
I'm just going to buy the micro (99% sure) and hope for the best. I just don't want to go into school to get my locker and measure it, then go out and get my amp and software then go home install it and then try to get hr of practice in (more like 2 hrs for me) and then have to read Descartes first meditation and my chapter one of psych research methods. {censored} that, I going to buy that {censored} and hope for the best. I just don't have the time, man this really sucks. I need sleep
:freak:

I hear ya. I will probly get about 5 hours of sleep this weekend because i have my design entrance exam thats due monday at noon. I have 1 drawing done and about 10 to go.

Im a little overwhelmed:(

• Members
Originally posted by Armoredfist316

I hear ya. I will probly get about 5 hours of sleep this weekend because i have my design entrance exam thats due monday at noon. I have 1 drawing done and about 10 to go.

Im a little overwhelmed:(

I think brian's pop rocks and coke "cry for help" thing is looking better and better as we speak :freak::cry:

• Members

Originally posted by lostandfoundpdx

i'm retarded but i kinda want a pathfinder just for the hell of it... i dont know why. i would probably buy a 15r though so it would have reverb... and i'd get a weber speaker for it, i hear the llittle wharfedale sucks balls.

Had one. The reverb is noisy.

Good for fiddling around. I used it when I was confined to headphones really.

The trem was good though, and footswitchable if you have a footswitch for it.

Distortion? Forget about it. Cleans? Good. It took OD pedals like any other SS amp really. It was kind of ice-pickish. I bought it for just practicing and clean tones. It delivered nicely.

Archived