New toy...

andreas

• Members

My GF brought home a late '50s Levin model 55 mandolin for me today... :) I love her dearly - oh, and the gf too, of course :D I haven't taken any pics yet, so to avoid the usual "this thread is useless/ghey without pics" crap I thought I'd post a pic of one just like it.

levinmand55_57beg.jpg

It was made somewhere around 1957-58, has birch bottom/sides with a spruce top and walnut fretboard, and cost 65 SEK (about $9.50) at the time...

/Andreas

• Members
Originally posted by andreas

My GF brought home a late '50s Levin model 55 mandolin for me today...
:)
I love her dearly - oh, and the gf too, of course
:D
I haven't taken any pics yet, so to avoid the usual "this thread is useless/ghey without pics" crap I thought I'd post a pic of one just like it.

levinmand55_57beg.jpg

It was made somewhere around 1957-58, has birch bottom/sides with a spruce top and walnut fretboard, and cost 65 SEK (about $9.50) at the time...

/Andreas

hmmm i thought you were going to post pics of other peoples girlfriends.

• Members

Huh? :D

Btw, the last few days I've had a weird "I want" feeling for a Liquid Sunshine - maybe I should persuade her to bring one home next... :cool:

Originally posted by Mr.Picklebottom

pretty cool. can you play it?
:)

Well... yes and no. I've played mando's (both mandolin and mandola) before, but never owned one. So while I can get around one well enough to lay down a few tracks on a recording, I've never really had the opportunity to sit down and learn the instrument (as opposed to the parts needed for a certain song). That's something I'm really looking forward to doing.

/Andreas

• Members
Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Nice. I picked up a mando a few weeks before xmas. I think I've picked up my guitar maybe 5 times since then
:o

Yes, I can really see that happening - I've barely been able to put it down all evening...

/Andreas

Archived