OT: Vodka

daniel2001

• Members

Any vodka drinkers here?

I've only recently realised that I like vodka nearly as much as good whisky (nothing like a good Glenlivet).

Anyways, to cut the bull{censored}, anyone know any good vodka brands other than Smirnoff.

I had some stuff I got in Moscow a few years back that I can't remember the name of, that I want.

I saw it in the Caviar house in St. Jame's (London), but it was

• Members

I'm actually having a vodka and coke with lime and grenadine right now.

Kamchatka is a good cheap one. Polar Ice is a bit better. Anything a bit more expensive with a really russian name is usually good. Grey Goose and Belvadere are the high dollar corksniffer brands of choice usually.

• Members

I'm actually having a vodka and coke with lime and grenadine right now.

Kamchatka is a good cheap one. Polar Ice is a bit better. Anything a bit more expensive with a really russian name is usually good. Grey Goose and Belvadere are the high dollar corksniffer brands of choice usually.

Cool, I've only got Smirnoff here, and I've got a measure here, and them I'm onto another (1/2 litre) bottle. Its 6.50am. Damn this is bad, drinking self to sleep at nearly 7am, but vodka tastes good.

I'm a whisky person, good bit of Glenlivet anytime, but I can't afford to drink good whisky. Being in Plymouth, I could hit up the Plymouth Gin, but I don't like gin, so......

Vodka is the only cheap {censored} that tastes good.

• Members

Titos is ok. I'd just assume drink Polar Ice though. Its 20 bucks per 1.75L here. Unless you're taking shots Kamchatka and Skol are what you want. Polar Ice if you need to at least somewhat impress girls. Belvadere or Grey Goose if you can afford it...because the high quality stuff really does cut down on the pain the next day. :thu:

• Members

I usually go with Absolut. Not as expensive as the Grey Goose and Ketel One but just as good to me and never had a hangover from it.

Absolut or Skyy are about as high as you really need to go IMHO. Not as impressive but they arent punishing like Gilbey's or {censored} like that.

• Members

Ketel One

Titos

Tito's is from Texas (yes, Texas), and the ads on the radio claim that it has beat out "all the other vodkas you're thinking of" at some recent vodka snob gathering.

Ketel One rings a bell, although Tito;s doesn't.

I'll still look into it.

THanks for the suggestiong, keep em coming,.

• Members

That's my strategy right there. Don't need the top shelf stuff, just a good quality drink.

Over xmas, I was drinking Glenlivet in the Ritz in London, so as far as whisky is concerned, call me a snob.

With vodka, I know I llike Smirnoff, thats it though.

I need to branch out more.

• Members

Well, I've cracked open more Smirnoff, and I'm listening to Opel, Syd Barrets solo album.

Its 7.39am, so I guess that I'm not going to sleep at all.

Damn, I'm an alco, I need to see a councellor.

Move into Piper at the gates... and I'll forive ya!

• Members

I love Belvedere, but it seems like a waste to drink it any other way than straight... Stoli is next, then Skyy. (Stuff like Goose and Ketel One is obviously better than Skyy, but at their price points I like the above ones better). I'm becoming more of a gin drinker than vodka, Tanquerey and No.10. :) Beer will always be my go-to though.

• Members

I forget you're in the UK. ITs only 2 am here.
:love:

WRONGY

Its 7.53am.

I'm drinking vodka at near 8am trying to get to sleep listening to {censored}ing hippy music and browsing random forums.

Is this rock and roll?

NO

Does Lemmy do what I'm doing now>#?

NO

Is Lemmy the embodiment of rock and roll?

YES HE IS

Is Syd Barret not only a music god but also a perfect example of what substance abuse can do?

{censored} yes.

As much as I respect Syd Barret as a musician, I don't want to end up in the same state as he did.

Theres quite a few other factors that are totally {censored}ing up my mental state right now. But at this rate.............................................................. I don't even want to think, and I have a pretty active imagination.

I wnat a Fender Twin lol.

I want to go on an Easter Day hunt, but whats the {censored}ing chance thats gonna happen? About as likley as getting to get freaky with Jeri Ryan.

Archived