Good settings for the polychorus.

therhodeo

• Members

I'll take some pics of my little book where I jot down random settings real quick. YMMV, and my unit can be a bit finnicky and it also depends on what guitar you use, and some settings do better with some OD or Fuzz (or both...) before them so keep that in mind. I'll be right back.

• Members

I'll take some pics of my little book where I jot down random settings real quick. YMMV, and my unit can be a bit finnicky and it also depends on what guitar you use, and some settings do better with some OD or Fuzz (or both...) before them so keep that in mind. I'll be right back.

Sweet. Yours isnt a reissue correct?

• Members

Yeah, reissue. Older one. These pics suck, and there are about a billion other settings, but I felt the need to write these down and hopefully they'll help you out somewhat.

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

Most of these can probably sound a lot better by tweaker.

Also, try this setting:

IMG_1354.jpg

But mess with the Tune/Delay setting to get a nice sweet spot...you can get some great Leslie sounds with a little fine tuning in this one I've found.

Also, expiriment with the sweep filter on and off...some of the settings I wrote down didn't specify so I'm not sure which is better. Basically...for craziness turn the sweep filter off.

• Members

What exactly does the sweep filter do?

It just tones things down. Makes the effect much more subtle. Until I get my hands on a vintage unit I swear the main difference between the two is that the RI can be tamed with that switch and the original can't.

• Members

If you want I'll sit down and try and write out even more...but the real fun with this thing is to mess around with it yourself and figure out just how much madness you can find.

No no you've done more than enough. Thanks alot. I seem to do better with a starting poing which you've definitely given me.

• Members

No no you've done more than enough. Thanks alot. I seem to do better with a starting poing which you've definitely given me.

Hopefully what those give you is just enough for you to tweak and get what you want. At one point the "tremlike" setting really rocked my world...somehow I got something close to that to make a great tremelo type effect.

• Members

It just tones things down. Makes the effect much more subtle. Until I get my hands on a vintage unit I swear the main difference between the two is that the RI can be tamed with that switch and the original can't.

It definitely tames the new one.

• Members

It definitely tames the new one.

Yeah, the vintage ones didn't have that...and I suspect that's why they are always described as "nastier" than the originall...even though I downloaded the "kurt cobain" settings list and they were nothing like what came out of the reissue...so something is still different.

• Members

How would it be different?

What do you mean? Mine is a new reissue. Did I misunderstand and think yours was an old one?

Nevermind I just reread. When you said yeah earlier I thought you mean yeah its not a reissue. I'm not too awake tonight. Sorry man.

• Members
What do you mean? Mine is a new reissue. Did I misunderstand and think yours was an old one?

Nevermind I just reread. When you said yeah earlier I thought you mean yeah its not a reissue. I'm not too awake tonight. Sorry man.

Mine is a reissue as well...just an older one from the early 90's before the were TB and what not. If you crank the feedback on mine it will bring the pain to the rest of you chain. when used normally though it works great. Very similar to my DMM I got from Howard.

• Members

Since we're talking EH pedals have you ever heard the full sized Q-trons? I'm looking for something to do some funk type stuff with a worship band and to cover some of the filter stuff Warren Haynes uses. Any input there?

No, but I have an Ibanez AF-9. I might even have a clip of one, although it would be a horrid clip.

I want to try out a Qtron+ for sure.

• Members

No, but I have an Ibanez AF-9. I might even have a clip of one, although it would be a horrid clip.

I want to try out a Qtron+ for sure.

I definitely want the + version. I made the mistake a few weeks ago of getting on the EH website. Now I really want the Q, a wiggler, and a POG.

• 1 year later...

Archived