How does the Crunch Box compare????

88mm

• Members

I think the DS-2 has a fair amount of gain. I don't think it is really that bad. A touch too much in th the MIDS though. I just wanted to know if they are really that much different in sound. If it would be wise to get a CB or not. How does the CB stack with Fuzz Face types and with Big Muffs?

• Members

I think the DS-2 has a fair amount of gain. I don't think it is really that bad. A touch too much in th the MIDS though. I just wanted to know if they are really that much different in sound. If it would be wise to get a CB or not. How does the CB stack with Fuzz Face types and with Big Muffs?

again, totally different. high gain distortion vs fuzz. its a matter of preference. alot of goatee wearing, poetry reciting, hipster beatniks find distortion to be too plain and uninventive so they need something that sounds more {censored}ed up and less conventional. theyd prefer fuzz.

on the other hand alot of manicured sideburns wearing, van halen playing, killswitch engage t-shirt wearing, hanging out at guitarcenter playing arpeggios at 100 watts for 2 hours, angry suburban 14 yr olds find fuzz too undefining and flabby sounding.:)

• Members

im interested in the crunchbox too. but you trying to compare it to a boss...how does a porsche compare to a rocking chair?
:)

DAMN STRAIGHT!

I had a DS-2 and the Crunch Box beats it hands down. There is no comparison.

If you want a great distortion sound that works great with humbuckers and single coils and has a great balance of lows, mids, and highs get the crunch box.

If you want a hollow sounding, no tone controlable sound keep the DS-2.

• Members

DAMN STRAIGHT!

I had a DS-2 and the Crunch Box beats it hands down. There is no comparison.

If you want a great distortion sound that works great with humbuckers and single coils and has a great balance of lows, mids, and highs get the crunch box.

If you want a hollow sounding, no tone controlable sound keep the DS-2.

well thats some good marketing there.. its kindof saying everything that i need...

• Members

Well, when
I
said "How does a crunch box stack?", I meant how well do they stack up on each other in a physical sense? I mean, could I build a retaining wall around my terrace using a mimimal amount of mortar?

Has anyone done this?

~MkF!

"Third and two!"

Fortified'

Archived