TV on the Radio

josiahcooper

• Members

I dunno...but they have a HUUUUUGE sound...I know one guy uses SG's into Orange amps, which could create a huge sound unto itself, but I bet a Muff is in there somewhere. I find alot of the Cookie Mtn. album unaccessible thus far, though.

• Members

I dunno...but they have a HUUUUUGE sound...I know one guy uses SG's into Orange amps, which could create a huge sound unto itself, but I bet a Muff is in there somewhere. I find alot of the Cookie Mtn. album unaccessible thus far, though.

Please don't stop listening to it.

It'll reward you eventually. I wrote it off initially and now it's my favourite album of last year.

• Members

I don't plan on it. I just put it inbetween my recently obsessive listens of Marquee Moon and I catch something new everytime. I have high hopes for it in the long run. I had the same problem with Funeral by the Arcade Fire and now its one of my favorites ever; I'm in for the long run :thu:

• Members

they are awesome and are also touring in about a month!

Go see them! You won't be disappointed! I've caught them twice now, and it's new and exciting each time.

Dave Sitek uses telecasters (with a windchime tied to the headstock) into Orange 2x12 combos...Don't know what kind of pedals he uses other than the DL4

Kyp uses Orvilles (I think...didn't get too close of a look, but recognized the emblem on the headstock) and Gibsons (SG's and Goldtops), and the only pedals I know he uses are some kind of E-13 stuff to "get crazy." But he does run 2 Hot Rod Devilles.

• Members

they are awesome and are also touring in about a month!

Go see them! You won't be disappointed! I've caught them twice now, and it's new and exciting each time.

Dave Sitek uses telecasters (with a windchime tied to the headstock) into Orange 2x12 combos...Don't know what kind of pedals he uses other than the DL4

Kyp uses Orvilles (I think...didn't get too close of a look, but recognized the emblem on the headstock) and Gibsons (SG's and Goldtops), and the only pedals I know he uses are some kind of E-13 stuff to "get crazy." But he does run 2 Hot Rod Devilles.

I thought Kyp was using Epiphones ? Great, great band. One of only a handful of bands from "my" generation that I feel will matter in a couple of decades.

• Members

http://killerrockandroll.com/deathbyaudio/interstellaroverdriver.html

main dirt sound for sitek. all the guitars are pod on the record im pretty sure. there are many good interviewers with the man talking about his recording process. for instance, he tracks drums and cymbals seperate to avoid bleed. and records all guitar direct and reamps them later. he is a crazy stoner.

• Members

I thought Kyp was using Epiphones ? Great, great band. One of only a handful of bands from "my" generation that I feel will matter in a couple of decades.

It could be either...I thought I saw Orville, but I could be wrong.

All I know is that last time I saw them, he played a White SG, and a goldtop LP.

I saw them in '03, and he only played his goldtop. And Gerard didn't have his synths.

And Jaleel didn't have his dreadlocks.

Archived