amp question

00soul

• Members

hmmm, i guess i'm kind of in a bind then...right now i'm in my dorm and i don't really have space for a seperate amp (other than my guitar amp)...does the korg have a built it speaker? or can i play it with just head phones? or can i play it (not as a midi controller) through a simple computer setup maybe?

• Members

Best choice for hifi sound for keyboards and guitar in small rooms like dorms is imo: Guitar to processor of choice which then like keyboards signal goes to pair of KRK rockit 5's or 6's. The processor for guitar of course used to give desired recording sound. The KRK"S for their price give good full range hifi sound, stereo, and better air movement & volume for things like apts & dorms then regular instrument amps. Regular instrument amps easilly give more then desired volume & air movement in small places and cant give the more hifi sound of small powered monitors. Other good choice for guitars and synths is guitar to processor which along with synths goes to small bass combo useing 8-10 speaker. These gives plenty of treble responce for guitar and synth in most cases. Unlike larger bass speakers. Will also give tighter & fuller sound to guitar then guitar combos can give. Add small mixer if you want to be able to play guitar and do occassional synth pads or whatever.

Archived