Radio Friendly Unit Shifter "waaahh hoooo waaahh hoooo" sound: what settings needed?

hangwire

• Members

I just heard this song again after years and years... what is the effect setting and how is he doing the modulated/effected sound?

What paramaters or settinsg are necessary to achieve this from a non-polychorus pedal [i am pretty sure that is teh pedal he used...]

• Members

it's a polychorus and he's bending the strings... it sounds almost exactly the same live, so i'm sure thats all there is to it, but i can't really think of another way to get exactly that sound...

• Members
it's a polychorus and he's bending the strings... it sounds almost exactly the same live, so i'm sure thats all there is to it, but i can't really think of another way to get exactly that sound...

I guess I should be more... what I want to know is to emulate him making that sound, what woudl a pedal need to be set at? Would it need a flanger with delay at x seconds and depth and rate tuned up to y?

• Members

Well if it helps, I got it from a warbly ass flanger I had when I ran it at 12 volts (wouldn't do the same sound on 9v). It's been a while but most if it came from setting the thing up to almost self-oscillate and then kind of detune at the same time if that makes sense. I think I cranked the feedback knob up pretty high and set the rate to where it sounded "wobbly".

I know that doesn't help too much since we don't have the same pedal but I tried to get the sound for that song out of a flanger and was somewhat successful.

• Members

does anyoen actually read threads anymore? I established that I knew the pedal, I wanted to know parameter settings so I can pull it off with a delay flanger I own if possible
:bor:

Does anyone know how to experiment for themselves!!! :D You need a chorus that can achieve runaway feedback...set it so that it starts to self-oscillate and then bend the strings at the 12th and 14th fret on the G and B string and alternately the B and high E string.

Kurt's settings don't work with the RI, but you can still get that sound. Just turn the sweep filter off, turn up the width and feedback and bend the strings some and you can do it.

You can sorta get the same effect with the DMM with the chorus turned up really high, but its a lot less "in your face" and you have to do a lot more bending.

• Members

does anyoen actually read threads anymore? I established that I knew the pedal, I wanted to know parameter settings so I can pull it off with a delay flanger I own if possible
:bor:

I read your first post. I noticed that you spelled "the" "teh"---dork.

Archived